Suspension sponsored by Arnott Inc. Discuss anything suspension related within.

99 Deville Race Prep!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 03:20 PM
Default 99 Deville Race Prep!!

So me and my team purchased a 99 deville for a race thats coming up this summer. The rules are simple: You have a $500 budget to buy and modify you car. You can sell parts on the car though and add to your budget. So we are going to gut the interior and sell that along with the resonator and muffler.

So right now the number one thing we need is to upgrade the suspension for the race. What can we do to make it handle corners as well and possible?

Thanks

Old 04-18-2011, 09:17 PM
Tech Certified Members

This has got my attention and quite frankly i hope you guys win. I cantbelieve a Deville is being used as a race car but then again you dont see cadillacs race much. As far as suspension goes its airride in the rear and its a magnaride setup which the computer adjusts suspension acording to the road conditions. you can buy eibach lowering springs for around $300 and thats about it for suspension. if you had the Sevill STS you would get the stiffer suspension setup due to the system being programed into the ecm. thats a different story though. i would just get springs if your budget is small or just use spring stiffeners to help. suspension parts for cadillacs are 3times more than most other lower end models i.e. grand prix and montecarlo's etc. Good luck though keep me posted on how well you do.

Old 04-19-2011, 10:28 AM

Thanks! I was thinking we would purchase this rear conversion kit: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CADIL...Q5fAccessories

Coilovers in the rear would be nice. What do you think?

Ya unfortunatley our caddy is a 4000lb titanic 4 door. How much money do you estimate we could make from selling the interior seats, radio, speakers, stock suspension.. ect

also how much weight do you think we could lose by stripping everything?

We got lucky with the buy, doors are bashed in and one wheel is missing but other than that its solid.

Handling-wise I feel like there will be a huge disadvantage but having the Northstar v8, we should have 150bhp on the rest of the competition

Last edited by clifborder4fm; 04-19-2011 at 10:36 AM.
Old 04-19-2011, 04:32 PM
Tech Certified Members

the conversion kit should work as for puting the deville on a diet i would guess 300lbs maybe more by striping her down to just a frame. you could sell most of the parts on craigs list or ebay not sure what all you would make on it but some is better than nothing. The handling is gona be tough because its gona push hard in the corners and being FWD isnt gona help either. But maybe with it having more weight in the front it may not do all that terrible. but if this is dirt track racing the 300lbs of torque the engine has will be tricky to manage. Let me know what happens and hope to see some cady carnage lol