Street and Strip Made a trip down the dragstrip or around a road course recently? Maybe a dash from a stop light? Tell us about it here!

What's the fastest you've got your Deville up to?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 01:54 PM
Default RE: What's the fastest you've got your GM Cadillac Deville or DTS up to?

I got my 84 Sedan DeVille to where you could not even see the needle than let off so I figure 95 MPH!!!!

Old 01-06-2008, 09:34 PM
Default RE: What's the fastest you've got your GM Cadillac Deville or DTS up to?

143mph, oh that was in my police intersepter Suburban.

Armed bank robbery just started, empty road, I couldn't resist. Was one of the first responding units too. Not that I really did anything but sit in the parking lot with a shotgun looking scary.

Leo

Old 01-07-2008, 12:12 AM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: What's the fastest you've got your Deville up to?

ORIGINAL: brougham1

Hey 420: I see that you love speed also, had my 81 Fleetwood up to 145km the other day. Backed off because the speedo doesn't go any higher than that and i didn't want to damage the thing or the car. Yeah faster rated tires, now were talking.
not that i want to burst an bubbles, but that is only around 90 mph.
here in SoCa we cruise at that speed every day.

ORIGINAL: Doctor Leo

Armed bank robbery just started, empty road, I couldn't resist. Was one of the first responding units too. Not that I really did anything but sit in the parking lot with a shotgun looking scary.

Leo
problem is that those SUVs do cartwheels when you lose traction and control at that speed.

Old 01-07-2008, 07:51 PM

ORIGINAL: stomper

ORIGINAL: brougham1

Hey 420: I see that you love speed also, had my 81 Fleetwood up to 145km the other day. Backed off because the speedo doesn't go any higher than that and i didn't want to damage the thing or the car. Yeah faster rated tires, now were talking.
not that i want to burst an bubbles, but that is only around 90 mph.
here in SoCa we cruise at that speed every day.

Leo
problem is that those SUVs do cartwheels when you lose traction and control at that speed.

I use to think the same thing, but I have yet to spin out in it. I do drive in 4x4 a lot on wet roads. I go through tires at about 20,000miles, other guys go through motors at that rate.

Old 01-08-2008, 12:06 AM
Tech Certified Members

I use to think the same thing, but I have yet to spin out in it. I do drive in 4x4 a lot on wet roads. I go through tires at about 20,000miles, other guys go through motors at that rate.
well yeah, but none of that applies at 143 mph !

BTW, what kind of tires do you use for the 4x4 ?

Old 01-08-2008, 08:55 AM

If you've got the guts and a lead foot you folks have a great chance of the monthly or yearly "dumb ***" award on that "other" web site!

Old 01-08-2008, 10:30 AM
Tech Certified Members

ORIGINAL: hyperion

If you've got the guts and a lead foot you folks have a great chance of the monthly or yearly "dumb ***" award on that "other" web site!
keep in mind he is a cop chasing bad guys with that Police Interceptor Suburban !

besides, no one here can outdo the screw ups that they do over yonder ...

[IMG]local://upfiles/3799/9C68DA4236E74D8E985188B50B07DFC6.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-08-2008, 11:37 AM
Super Moderator

Hey Zin
At least on this site we have a place for it "street and strip" over there the dumbass awards are on the problems and solutions area.

Old 01-08-2008, 08:27 PM
Tech Certified Members

9C1 Suburbans and Tahoes are not your typical suv. They were built to fill void when the caprice/ impala went away in 1996.

Old 01-08-2008, 08:37 PM
Tech Certified Members

ORIGINAL: G.A.R.Y.

Hey Zin
At least on this site we have a place for it "street and strip" over there the dumbass awards are on the problems and solutions area.
maybe they need to start a new award?
how about the Allante Darwin Award Program Tadpoles - ADAPT ...

Quick Reply: What's the fastest you've got your Deville up to?