Private 'Wanted' Classifieds Looking for something to buy from a vendor or a private owner?

Looking for time sert kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 06:52 PM
Default Looking for time sert kit

Looking for used Timesert J-42385-500kit, with or without inserts.. Would prefer the Bigsert J-42385-500BS...
e-mail is dumokie4u@yahoo.com

Old 02-08-2008, 03:37 PM
Default RE: Looking for time sert kit

I bought the time-sert kit, found good source through here for inserts. Thinking about loaning/passing it around for those brave enough to take on the taskof the 4.6 Northstarhead gasket repair. I am actually trying to figure out a way where I can make it on a loaner basis vs. rental. In other words, I am not trying to make any money on this deal. I am open for suggestions, I do have a paypal account, I'd have to have some type of deposit. I know this sounds like a scam, but it's not. Once again, I'm open for suggestions. I am not going to sell this tool, as I plan on fixing many more of these motors. I'm trying to save others the out of pocket expense ($400) on a tool thatyou will only use once, for a vehicle, let's say early 90's through late 90's who's value may not be that high.A rebuilt motor (e-bay) or the tool expense may put your total repair out of price range. Therearen't anymachine shops around the OKC area and bordering states that will install inserts with any type of guarantee or confidence.I don't know if others are having the same experience. I feel that the purpose of these forums is one person helping another through their experiences. I may leave you scratching your head as to why I've put so much energy into this problem. I love this '94 Eldo, as others may prefer a classic era vehicle "60's", I think the 90's Northstar motor is a screaming engine. Just call me old school. This is just a suggestion, probably won't workconcerning time-sert loan.
I was knee deep into repairing my 94 motor and with finding worn timing components, it made it cost prohibitive. Then I purchased a wrecked 98 Deville with low miles and began engine swap. The EGR systems are different which made me go back to 94 motor and time-sert repair, then I figured out an easy way to make the later model work, this involves the phenolic spacers and a little bit of drilling,I will post more detail on the tech forums.Yeah, I did a lot of waddling and head scratching on this deal. Since then, I have found others locally needing insert repair, so I shared tool, showed them video on time-serts website of repair and let them go after it. I have since fixed my 94 motor and bolts tighten beautifully. 98 motor is installed in 94 Eldo and screams like a bat out of hell.. more on that later...this post is running long, sorry to have lost those of you that felt like napping through this!!! I want to thank Stealth for posting the links to my racecars...appreciate it!!

Old 04-08-2008, 12:56 AM

ORIGINAL: dumokie

Looking for used Timesert J-42385-500kit, with or without inserts.. Would prefer the Bigsert J-42385-500BS...
e-mail is dumokie4u@yahoo.com
Have you gone with ebay already dude? They offer a large pool of selection

Old 04-08-2008, 02:24 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: dumokie

I bought the time-sert kit, found good source through here for inserts. Thinking about loaning/passing it around for those brave enough to take on the taskof the 4.6 Northstarhead gasket repair. I am actually trying to figure out a way where I can make it on a loaner basis vs. rental. In other words, I am not trying to make any money on this deal. I am open for suggestions, I do have a paypal account, I'd have to have some type of deposit. I know this sounds like a scam, but it's not. Once again, I'm open for suggestions. I am not going to sell this tool, as I plan on fixing many more of these motors. I'm trying to save others the out of pocket expense ($400) on a tool thatyou will only use once, for a vehicle, let's say early 90's through late 90's who's value may not be that high.A rebuilt motor (e-bay) or the tool expense may put your total repair out of price range. Therearen't anymachine shops around the OKC area and bordering states that will install inserts with any type of guarantee or confidence.I don't know if others are having the same experience. I feel that the purpose of these forums is one person helping another through their experiences. I may leave you scratching your head as to why I've put so much energy into this problem. I love this '94 Eldo, as others may prefer a classic era vehicle "60's", I think the 90's Northstar motor is a screaming engine. Just call me old school. This is just a suggestion, probably won't workconcerning time-sert loan.
I was knee deep into repairing my 94 motor and with finding worn timing components, it made it cost prohibitive. Then I purchased a wrecked 98 Deville with low miles and began engine swap. The EGR systems are different which made me go back to 94 motor and time-sert repair, then I figured out an easy way to make the later model work, this involves the phenolic spacers and a little bit of drilling,I will post more detail on the tech forums.Yeah, I did a lot of waddling and head scratching on this deal. Since then, I have found others locally needing insert repair, so I shared tool, showed them video on time-serts website of repair and let them go after it. I have since fixed my 94 motor and bolts tighten beautifully. 98 motor is installed in 94 Eldo and screams like a bat out of hell.. more on that later...this post is running long, sorry to have lost those of you that felt like napping through this!!! I want to thank Stealth for posting the links to my racecars...appreciate it!!

we love to see many more guys like you around here.
somehow, I had missed this post offering the tool loan .. wow .. that is great you do that.

Old 04-13-2010, 03:34 PM

is it not possible to create your on kit being that it is just timesert, tap, drill I mean can you not just take it to a machine shop and have this achieved?