Private 'Wanted' Classifieds Looking for something to buy from a vendor or a private owner?

How to purchase an Eldorado

Old 11-24-2010, 03:50 PM
Default How to purchase an Eldorado

Hi,
sorry if the Topic is in the wrong area, but I didn't know where to post it else.
I want to buy an Caddilac Eldorado of the fourth or fifth generation, because its look is stunning and I would be the only owner of this car for miles.
It will need 2 or 3 years until I can afford one, because I'm still in school, but i will graduate from highschool in 2012 and then I will become a mechanic and when i have some bucks I will purchrase one.
I need some informations about the Eldorado, sorry for the long list:

1. How much have I roughly to pay for a normal used Caddy with the 500cui engine? Are 10.000$ enough or have I to work overtime?
2. Is this car durable or have I to replace parts every mile?
3. How many miles can I drive with one gallon? I do not care much about, because I won't drive it often or over long distances, but a gallon costs ~7$ in Germany...
4. Has the Eldorado weak parts like breakes, steering, parts that rust often etc.?
5. Is it difficult to drive an Eldorado? I haven't got my drivers license very long and I don't want to break it after a few days. But until the day I will own such a big car I will have more practice.
6. Which engine is the most durable? I want the 500cui, but I don't know if the other engines aren't better or more durable.
7. Which model would you recommend for me? I don't want a cabrio, because it is cold in Germany.
8. Are you satisfied with your Eldorado?

I'm sorry for my bad language, but we don't learn technical terms in school and in former times I was to lazy to learn grammar. I would like you to correct my mistakes to help me improve my language.

Regards,
Mafijoosi93