Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

some websites are beyond anal ...

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 01:34 AM
Tech Certified Members
Default some websites are beyond **** ...

after checking another automotive site and seeing members flogged and banned, after being referred to a certain rule by the MOD, I went in and read them ..

this is what I found .. the bolded matter was the violation .. if you can believe it.

==============

No "nuisance" posts [i.e.: posting of similar questions, posting in the wrong forum, posting the same item in multiple forums or links to your other posts ("cross-posting"), ignoring the moderating team, trolling, purposely inciting negative responses, asking questions that have been answered many times already, etc.]

YOU MUST post in plain, discernible, correctly spelled and capitalized English! Repeated failure to do so will result in disciplinary action. Threads that contain posts with poor grammar (regardless of whose it is) are subject to being locked.

Do not "bump" threads. This is when a user posts the word "bump" in a thread or posts solely to move a thread to the top. Instead, contact a moderator if you think the thread should be made a "sticky" (kept at the top of the forum for a while).

Use the search function (upper right of the forums) and the "We’ve seen these before" section of the ***** forums before posting a question. You may also want to consider first checking the FAQs and already answered questions before posting.

No customer service issues and no bad guy posts. Use the queued Vendor Review forum to describe your vendor experiences to the membership.

Old 09-02-2009, 10:36 AM
Tech Certified Members

Tell me about it. i used to goto V6Z24.com which is a site for the v6 cavaliers. They were very helpful,BUT if you somuch as asked a question that had been answered previously. The Mods and the members would get mad and say use the search button and ignore your post. the guy that ran the site had been paying to keep the site up and couldnt afford it and changed things around so some things you had to pay money for.
Most of the forums are ones ran by teenagers or younger crowds that have a powertrips and feel they should limit the help you get. i think sometimes after asking the same question may get anoying but at the same time it helps keep the forum loaded with info about a problem "the more the merrier" thats how i feel. Plus it helps keep thing im my head so i dont forget.

Old 09-02-2009, 10:44 AM
Super Moderator

hmmmm .. how many here can spell an use propre grammar ?

... yeah .. on purpose i didnt use the firefox spelchekcer.

darn .. di d i flunk ?

Old 09-02-2009, 04:31 PM

C'mon now, we already answered that in another thread!