Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

SET THEM STRAIGHT CADDY VS. RICERS

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 04:05 AM
Default RE: SET THEM STRAIGHT CADDY VS. RICERS

ok ok ok ok ookaaaaaaaay .... my fellow enthusiasts.. again.... i have probalby the worst cadillac performancewise. at the most runnign 220 the least 210 with the intake (ram). explain to me, how i wiped... i mean wiiiiiiiiiiiiiped a 3.6L CTS. i mean bigger engine, better placement, more power, i mean he can easily take me. Even with the intake its not really enough. the car has 2 seconds on me... after the ram intake maybe 1.5 seconds.. still faster. i mean im not the crazy ... doin 80mph in city streets. proof its the driver. when ur in my turf i own u.

However nuthin beats the original CATERA SPORTS!!!!! SEDAN

Old 03-17-2008, 01:29 PM

the driver is all the same behind an automatic car

Old 03-18-2008, 07:54 AM

ok yea i hear you nafta but even wiht an automatic some drivers talk and talk how they like to go fast but which drivers have the ***** to push thier car to the limit. those ricers think doin 75mph in thier hatchbacks is cool... iight not bad.... if u on the steets... but wht about on the highway... powerful engines such as v8s and sum v6s are too powerful for tight street uses especially sine they have large dimensions (leanred this with a 91 seville and the cat). ricers have the advantage..... however wht about on interstates such as the 95 which has many miles of straight road. Is thier where caddys show thier speed or do the ricers beat us again

Old 03-18-2008, 11:51 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: CateraRacer

ok yea i hear you nafta but even wiht an automatic some drivers talk and talk how they like to go fast but which drivers have the ***** to push thier car to the limit. those ricers think doin 75mph in thier hatchbacks is cool... iight not bad.... if u on the steets... but wht about on the highway... powerful engines such as v8s and sum v6s are too powerful for tight street uses especially sine they have large dimensions (leanred this with a 91 seville and the cat). ricers have the advantage..... however wht about on interstates such as the 95 which has many miles of straight road. Is thier where caddys show thier speed or do the ricers beat us again
there arent too many that can beat the torque of our V8s, but some get us on the mid-range, but they
drop off at the top as many of ours easily crack the 125 mph barriers and are only limited by the computer
limiters .. some of our 15 year old cars can and do 150 mph, some of our newer cars crack the 200 mph barrier.

it could be shocking to hear how many members, MODs and TECHs in this website have cracked the
120 barriers and even more, so I wont shock you. and yet, no one here, to my knowledge, has taken
our Detroit V8s to the top limit.

few, darn few can take a STS-V .. darn few.

on a track, most dont get much of a chance against our Detroit V8s .. a few do.
of course, we can always pull out the CTS-V and its see..ya !

There aint much out there, homebrew, rices or euros that can take the CTS-V,
unless you got around $300k to $1.2M to drop on the table.

not bad Cadillac .. not bad at all ...

never ever ever sit in a STS-V or a CTS-V unless you are ready to take it home.
trust me .. from one that "been there, done that" and regretted sitting in one just for kicks.
dont do it !

not to exceed $90k cars :
my favorite "small" cars, looks and power ? early Vette, CTS-V, Carrera, 350Z ragtop, MB SLK55.
my favorite "mid size" cars, looks and power? MK VII LSC, 4.5 Allante, Stang 5.0 GT ragtop
my favorite "full size" cars, looks and power? STS-V, Charger SRT8

one ricer sneaked in .. i been partial to the Z line since the 240Z days.

Old 03-19-2008, 07:12 AM

good point stealth. Being somewht in the street racing seen here in nyc its completly ricer. They beleive they are being unique my favorite line "I have the only eclipse with a dual intake." yet i see many eclipses with duals and body kit. They get the turbo blow off valve, nos, intake all that yet they dont move. I actually saw a unnessisarily hooked up integra claimed to have 500 horsepower. Funny thing is a CTS with the V8 in it pulls up to the line. Completly stock just had mufflers put on destroyed the integra. And he did have turbo, intake, fart can. Must of been runnning close to 280 at the most the CTS juss blew by him.

But is there a diffrence between 200 I4 horsepower or 200 V6 horsepower. I would think so. 4 cylinders is running two cylinders less and cant accelerate as quickly.

also the 350z i wouldnt firmly put it as a ricer simply because alone its fast. It competes with the stang and me im hardcore muscle car yet i do like it. And i doubt highly doubt an AMG and this new ISF could be V-series.

to stray a bit....What would make a normal CAdillac be able to don the V-Series badging.... horsepower, look, or performance compared to stock.