General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GROUND Connections - check them !

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 10:43 AM
Super Moderator
Default GROUND Connections - check them !

ORIGINAL: rickyd

morning, i am the very proud owner of a 1999 seville sts. i bought it in late jan. '07 with only 48000 miles. the car is beautiful and has it all, including 6 disc, chrome whls, roof, wood steering, and what ever other option was availble then. i think it may have been a brass hat car at orgination, as i was able to look up gm viss on the car. msrp was over $52,000.at that time, so it is well equipped.
i did buy the car with knowledge of an electrical problem, and knew some how i'd get it worked out.......wow....!!!! make a long story short, after two different gm service stores, (one, the worlds oldest caddy store) hint-hint, in touch with gm tech support, and close to $2000.00 to find the problem. i fixed it myself. i kept saying it seems like a ground problem, over and over to everyone who looked, and tryed to correct the problem. so, they tightened grounds.

it wasn't till i took the 2 ground bolts out from under the rear seat, and wire brushed the holes to bare medal, and put new bolts in and coated them.

the vehicle's electrics are like new.....yayaya.

in closing, is there anything you all can tell me that i should be aware of, that is common to this vehicle, and will need attention? i will buy another sts or equillivent in the future.nothing but AMERICAN touring sedans for me, and why not the best there is.... a CADILLAC!
rickyd