Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

O the agony!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 02:52 PM
Tech Certified Members
Default O the agony!!

What do you dislike the most that Cadillac has come out with or used in one/all of the models produced??? [sm=bicker.gif] [sm=icon_beat.gif]

Old 12-05-2008, 07:53 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: O the agony!!

Going back how far? vinyl roof? although that's not caddy specific. What did you have in mind?

Old 12-06-2008, 06:53 AM
Tech Certified Members

Anything really, doesn't matter how old or how new. There isalways something that is a pain in the butt design or just junk. One of them I would have to say is the Vinyl roof for sure. I have to take mine off n repair it in the spring sinceI have other projects this winter, one being rebuilding the carburetor, but thats just a general maintanence.

Old 12-06-2008, 09:26 AM
Tech Certified Members

Almost any repair on a 76-80 Seville. RWD HT4100 thermostat housing, AIR pump belt adjust/replace. 2.0l Cimmaron. All the new ones where the front bumper has to come off to change a light bulb...there a start...

Old 12-06-2008, 11:13 AM
Super Moderator

Getting a dent in a rear or front bumber parking sensor is not fun. It always stays on. You have to take the bumper off to get to it to replace. Do we really need these things?

Old 12-06-2008, 08:59 PM

The fact that you have to remove the intake manifold on the 3.6L to change the thermostat. And they call this "progress"

Old 12-07-2008, 03:17 PM
Tech Certified Members

From Steath's brake fluid flushing the Allante bosch / teves ABS post, It qualifies

Old 12-08-2008, 07:19 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: slowroll

From Steath's brake fluid flushing the Allante bosch / teves ABS post, It qualifies
hey, it wasnt funny .. then .. but now, a few years later, you have got to admit its funny.
I still remember the hose coming to life ...

ORIGINAL: Underdog

The fact that you have to remove the intake manifold on the 3.6L to change the thermostat. And they call this "progress"
Got another one .. Allante 4100 engine pouring/leaking coolant from somewhere between the engine and the firewall. I understand there is a small hose or pipe back down there .. but how does one get to it w/o pulling the manifold? IF I gotta pull the manifold, the car is getting parted out.

Old 12-15-2008, 12:39 PM
Tech Certified Members

Yeah, I think they could have given more room for the shock boltsin the rear of'76 Coupe De villes (& whichever other year that uses the same frame)so you don't have to use a die grinder to cut the damn bolts. Thats the reason I haven't gotten the new shocks in yet, I dont want to stick my big hand it a tiny spot with a grinder & not seeing what I am doing. Ineed my fingers for the rest of my life.

Old 12-15-2008, 08:29 PM
Tech Certified Members

During my time in the lands of snow and ice the gas wrench was the tool of choice, of course dirt had just been invented a year or two earlier and fire was a new techoledgy....