Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners

Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   O the agony!! (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/o-agony-7609/)

Big5DoubleZero 12-05-2008 02:52 PM

O the agony!!

What do you dislike the most that Cadillac has come out with or used in one/all of the models produced??? [sm=bicker.gif] [sm=icon_beat.gif]

G.A.R.Y. 12-05-2008 07:53 PM

RE: O the agony!!

Going back how far? vinyl roof? although that's not caddy specific. What did you have in mind?

Big5DoubleZero 12-06-2008 06:53 AM

Anything really, doesn't matter how old or how new. There isalways something that is a pain in the butt design or just junk. One of them I would have to say is the Vinyl roof for sure. I have to take mine off n repair it in the spring sinceI have other projects this winter, one being rebuilding the carburetor, but thats just a general maintanence.

slowroll 12-06-2008 09:26 AM

Almost any repair on a 76-80 Seville. RWD HT4100 thermostat housing, AIR pump belt adjust/replace. 2.0l Cimmaron. All the new ones where the front bumper has to come off to change a light bulb...there a start...

G.A.R.Y. 12-06-2008 11:13 AM

Getting a dent in a rear or front bumber parking sensor is not fun. It always stays on. You have to take the bumper off to get to it to replace. Do we really need these things?

Underdog 12-06-2008 08:59 PM

The fact that you have to remove the intake manifold on the 3.6L to change the thermostat. And they call this "progress"

slowroll 12-07-2008 03:17 PM

From Steath's brake fluid flushing the Allante bosch / teves ABS post, It qualifies

Stealth 12-08-2008 07:19 PM

ORIGINAL: slowroll

From Steath's brake fluid flushing the Allante bosch / teves ABS post, It qualifies
hey, it wasnt funny .. then .. but now, a few years later, you have got to admit its funny.
I still remember the hose coming to life ...

ORIGINAL: Underdog

The fact that you have to remove the intake manifold on the 3.6L to change the thermostat. And they call this "progress"
Got another one .. Allante 4100 engine pouring/leaking coolant from somewhere between the engine and the firewall. I understand there is a small hose or pipe back down there .. but how does one get to it w/o pulling the manifold? IF I gotta pull the manifold, the car is getting parted out.

Big5DoubleZero 12-15-2008 12:39 PM

Yeah, I think they could have given more room for the shock boltsin the rear of'76 Coupe De villes (& whichever other year that uses the same frame)so you don't have to use a die grinder to cut the damn bolts. Thats the reason I haven't gotten the new shocks in yet, I dont want to stick my big hand it a tiny spot with a grinder & not seeing what I am doing. Ineed my fingers for the rest of my life.

slowroll 12-15-2008 08:29 PM

During my time in the lands of snow and ice the gas wrench was the tool of choice, of course dirt had just been invented a year or two earlier and fire was a new techoledgy....