Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

NASCAR Vs. F1

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 11:27 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: NASCAR Vs. F1

ORIGINAL: that_guy

Lol. Nice one about the worst cars. Just like the 24 Hours of Lemons eh?

Good for you hyperion to have grown up in that era. I would love to see drivers of old battle it out on the tracks. As for the great Fangio, I think he was only mentioned a lot of times when Schumi was about to beat his record.

And as for Schumi in NASCAR, I don't think he would have had the same success he enjoyed in F1, his performance in the ROC proved that he can be beaten outside of F1. Heck, he even failed to win against Alonso twice in a row.

Now, How about making the topic here go something like... Who is the best driver ever? Of course, apart from yourself.
I think Foxpaws wants a nomination !
She may well have the Caddy that has driven the fastest .. maybe.

Rumor has it that her Allante took on a porsche ?

Old 03-14-2008, 08:11 PM
Default RE: NASCAR Vs. F1

ARH, ARH, ARH! Thats what I'm talkin' about! I like that, "evil" rumble. I drive my vintage NASCAR stock car at road courses around the southeast and I can tell you road courses are so much more fun to drive than ovals. (See "related links" below) Watching road course races isn't much fun but driving them is awesome. Shifting and turning and braking keeps you so much more entertained than putting it in high gear and curving to the left. That may be where F-1 beats NASCAR, all of their races are on road courses which demands more of the driver than ovals do. I really like watching the Austrailian and European Touring Car races that they (occasionally) air on SPEED. And the ALMS, but I'm not too fond of the prototypes, I like the production based cars. No, no, no, you're not going to sucker me in with the "Who's the best driver ever" thing, sorry. Too many candidates in too many different types of racing.