Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

long time no see

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 09:48 AM
Super Moderator
Default long time no see

Looks like my last visit was in April of '09. Just wanted to check in and say hey to my old Allante buddies. don't see too many Allantes around anymore, wonder how many are still on the road? Looks like Zal and a couple of the other guys are still around trying to keep the site going. Good job you guys. Still miss the old Allantenet days, what a group, wonder how many of them are still around? Best wishes to all those I knew and aggravated.........lol.

Old 09-03-2011, 09:32 AM
Super Moderator

Gary,

damn .. now .. this is quite a surprise!

IMO, most all of the good guys are gone with two exceptions, Dick and Johnny. These two folks are so much into the Allante that they probably are borderline insane and still, they dont try to 'screw' any new owners.

Sure, some of the old members are still around, still behaving like old ladies having discussions about driving the cars to the burger joint or the usual 'someone looked at my car' .. quite exiting, dont you think? I suppose that that helps maintain the 'bonding' of the brotherhood ...

What I see these days is lots of "new" owners that jumped into the ownership cuz the A-cars are dirt cheap .. and a couple of parts 'dealers' that will suck the blood out of every new comer.

As for me, well, I do open the barn doors now and then and look at the A-cars and think maybe next year I'll let them out for a ride.

A-cars on the road? I think there are more A-cars on junkyards than on the road. As we know, they are not exactly economical to maintain and in fact, several cars have been 'totalled' for simple items like damaged grills or tail lights since the insurance companies or body shops cant find replacements.

Last edited by Stealth; 09-03-2011 at 09:53 AM.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:13 AM
Super Moderator

Checked with the ole allantenet, looks like they finally did away with off topic, last visit there was in "08. Ever hear from Coates?

Old 09-09-2011, 02:04 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by G.A.R.Y.

Checked with the ole allantenet, looks like they finally did away with off topic, last visit there was in "08. Ever hear from Coates?

Are you surprised? how can any site possibly carry an Off-Topic with censorship? IMHO, cant!!! Isnt that is why so many left?

We also know that the subject site is but a front for Tom to sell parts at outrageous prices to unsuspecting new allante owners.

Coates -- yeah .. he still around, kicking, and guarding his kid.

But other notables are missing all together, which makes me wonder who has since joined 'the great gig in the sky' ...

Last edited by Stealth; 09-09-2011 at 02:13 PM.
Old 09-09-2011, 09:59 PM
Super Moderator

BTW, at the subject site, i couldnt help noticing the following:

gary Ex Member
Stealth Offline

That aint right! I went through a lot of effort to earn the title of "Exiled" ...

Old 12-11-2011, 11:17 PM
Default Back Again After Four Years

Hi, Zal,

I have returned to the Forum after having been away since 2007. There was just too much "stuff" going on in the message boards that was irrelevant. Where are the Allante Archives located? I need to look up several topics that previously have been well covered. Can you please steer me to the site where these "golden oldies" have been stashed?

Old 11-09-2012, 10:50 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Clarkie59
Hi, Zal,

I have returned to the Forum after having been away since 2007. There was just too much "stuff" going on in the message boards that was irrelevant. Where are the Allante Archives located? I need to look up several topics that previously have been well covered. Can you please steer me to the site where these "golden oldies" have been stashed?

not sure where they may be .. all i know is that a hard drive on my desk holds much of such data should i ever decide to roll out one of the cars out of the barn ...