Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Iran and nukes

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 09:47 AM
Tech Certified Members
Default Iran and nukes

who or what do we believe?

Washington says Iran has no need to continue its own nuclear programme now that Russia has started delivering fuel to the Bushehr power plant.

[IMG]local://upfiles/3799/1EF1889F02944683BF518754E502BBB4.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-31-2007, 11:02 AM
Default RE: Iran and nukes

Good! "Case closed." Just keep up the funding to the intellegent dept.

And when are we going to start some nuclear energy plant construction? Or does it begin to look like the U. S. is the only country in the world that doesn't want to go this way. Actually, this is what the boys in Chicago were thinking of in the forties.

Old 12-31-2007, 01:01 PM
Tech Certified Members

i like nukes and wind mills.

but no one want them in their back yard.

Old 12-31-2007, 02:30 PM

Plymouth County in Massachusetts is one of the fastest growing in the State now that the cranberry growers are moving to Wisconsin because they have found how valuable the property is on all the ponds they have been using for "bog" irrigation.
Hundreds of expensive homes being built and still sold and nobodies is even concerned about an atomic generating plant less than 5 miles from their doorsteps.
It's 15 miles from my doorstep and I almost cry when the several weeks annually it is shut down for routine maintenance. My electric rates go up considerably when we go back to "oil powered."

Old 12-31-2007, 07:48 PM
Tech Certified Members

that reminds me. today i was reading about the windmills in the NE.
what do you make of that?

http://www.hsus.org/wildlife/cape_wi...windmills.html

Old 12-31-2007, 10:39 PM

Ignorance by some parties. One of the largest wind farms in Europe is located at the entrance to Copehagen harbor. It supplies electrical energy to the entire city and has become such an attractive landmark that it adorns most of the postcards for sale in the city.

Old 01-01-2008, 11:50 AM

Old 01-01-2008, 11:59 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: hyperion

Ignorance by some parties. One of the largest wind farms in Europe is located at the entrance to Copehagen harbor. It supplies electrical energy to the entire city and has become such an attractive landmark that it adorns most of the postcards for sale in the city.
Zin

Saw it in person last summer. Quite a sight. I stayed 4 doors down from where Hans Christian Anderson lived for many years.
Of course took the harbour and canal tours.
Rented a Mustang (eeww) rag top and drove up the coast and stopped at a couple of castles. BTW the elderly are housed for free in very nice areas.

Old 01-01-2008, 12:04 PM
Tech Certified Members

ORIGINAL: G.A.R.Y.

ORIGINAL: hyperion

Zin

Saw it in person last summer. Quite a sight. I stayed 4 doors down from where Hans Christian Anderson lived for many years.
Of course took the harbour and canal tours.
Rented a Mustang (eeww) rag top and drove up the coast and stopped at a couple of castles. BTW the elderly are housed for free in very nice areas.
does THAT mean you got FREE lodging while visiting there?

Old 01-01-2008, 01:38 PM
Super Moderator

BTW the elderly are housed for free in very nice areas.
does THAT mean you got FREE lodging while visiting there?

[/quote]

LOL, now that's funny............................................. ..19 and 1/2? could be funnier

Quick Reply: Iran and nukes