Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners

Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Iran and nukes (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/iran-nukes-4824/)

stomper 12-31-2007 09:47 AM

Iran and nukes

who or what do we believe?

Washington says Iran has no need to continue its own nuclear programme now that Russia has started delivering fuel to the Bushehr power plant.

[IMG]local://upfiles/3799/1EF1889F02944683BF518754E502BBB4.jpg[/IMG]

hyperion 12-31-2007 11:02 AM

RE: Iran and nukes

Good! "Case closed." Just keep up the funding to the intellegent dept.

And when are we going to start some nuclear energy plant construction? Or does it begin to look like the U. S. is the only country in the world that doesn't want to go this way. Actually, this is what the boys in Chicago were thinking of in the forties.

stomper 12-31-2007 01:01 PM

i like nukes and wind mills.

but no one want them in their back yard.

hyperion 12-31-2007 02:30 PM

Plymouth County in Massachusetts is one of the fastest growing in the State now that the cranberry growers are moving to Wisconsin because they have found how valuable the property is on all the ponds they have been using for "bog" irrigation.
Hundreds of expensive homes being built and still sold and nobodies is even concerned about an atomic generating plant less than 5 miles from their doorsteps.
It's 15 miles from my doorstep and I almost cry when the several weeks annually it is shut down for routine maintenance. My electric rates go up considerably when we go back to "oil powered."

stomper 12-31-2007 07:48 PM

that reminds me. today i was reading about the windmills in the NE.
what do you make of that?

http://www.hsus.org/wildlife/cape_wi...windmills.html

hyperion 12-31-2007 10:39 PM

Ignorance by some parties. One of the largest wind farms in Europe is located at the entrance to Copehagen harbor. It supplies electrical energy to the entire city and has become such an attractive landmark that it adorns most of the postcards for sale in the city.

76eldoragtop 01-01-2008 11:50 AM

G.A.R.Y. 01-01-2008 11:59 AM

ORIGINAL: hyperion

Ignorance by some parties. One of the largest wind farms in Europe is located at the entrance to Copehagen harbor. It supplies electrical energy to the entire city and has become such an attractive landmark that it adorns most of the postcards for sale in the city.
Zin

Saw it in person last summer. Quite a sight. I stayed 4 doors down from where Hans Christian Anderson lived for many years.
Of course took the harbour and canal tours.
Rented a Mustang (eeww) rag top and drove up the coast and stopped at a couple of castles. BTW the elderly are housed for free in very nice areas.

stomper 01-01-2008 12:04 PM

ORIGINAL: G.A.R.Y.

ORIGINAL: hyperion

Zin

Saw it in person last summer. Quite a sight. I stayed 4 doors down from where Hans Christian Anderson lived for many years.
Of course took the harbour and canal tours.
Rented a Mustang (eeww) rag top and drove up the coast and stopped at a couple of castles. BTW the elderly are housed for free in very nice areas.
does THAT mean you got FREE lodging while visiting there?

G.A.R.Y. 01-01-2008 01:38 PM

BTW the elderly are housed for free in very nice areas.
does THAT mean you got FREE lodging while visiting there?

[/quote]

LOL, now that's funny............................................. ..19 and 1/2? could be funnier