Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Happy Thanksgiving...Eh!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 10:35 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Happy Thanksgiving...Eh!

ORIGINAL: 76eldoragtop

Katz
Went to the Panthers home opener last night. They were supposed to be a better team this year but have lost there 1st 2 games. I have been a season ticket hold since the first year. Imagine, in their third year they were in the Stanley Cup finals against Colorado, (got swept). Of course I am a Flyer's fan, but they were the worst team in hockey last year. Hoping for better things this year.
When you lose one of the top goaltenders in the world it hurts you, Vokun is no Luongo that's for sure. I like Nat Horton and Jay Bouwmeester. Jacques Martin is a solid coach and GM plus he has two very respected assistants in Kitchen and Charron. You also have two good hockey guys in Bill O'Flaherty andScott Luce in your scouting departments so I am sure thinks will come around.

As for your Flyers, I am afraid that as long as Bobby Clarke is there in a leadership role you are what you are. No doubt he was a key player in the Cup wins but it is the Peter principle at work, he is terrible in management.

Old 10-07-2007, 11:33 AM
Super Moderator

Katz,

you taking on a new team this year?

Old 10-07-2007, 11:33 AM
Tech Certified Members

Happy Thanksgiving to you too Katz from the Westcoast Canuck. Hope you have lots of fun and great food.........................

Old 10-07-2007, 12:22 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Stealth

Katz,

you taking on a new team this year?

Yes, skated yesterday, they are 18, 19 & 20 year olds, one loop down than what I have coached in the past, but I was able to get a handfull of players with experience at the higher level to join the team. Since most boys go off to College or University at 18, I am left with those guys repeating final year high school or attending local colleges and Universities or just working. Take my own son, he is at Uof T playing hockey for his college, St. Michaels as well as on this competeive Juvenile team.

It is a whole different animal now, they drink, smoke, drive like wildmen and change girls more than underwear. Hard to keep them focused on hockey.

Old 10-07-2007, 12:24 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: brougham1

Happy Thanksgiving to you too Katz from the Westcoast Canuck. Hope you have lots of fun and great food.........................
Thanks Brougham, decided to do a BBQ this year as weather has been good except wouldn't you know it today it broke and dropped 12 degrees! I'm determined though, BBQ or bust!