Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZIN

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 11:47 AM
Default RE: HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZIN

Mum's the word! $24.00 is a good price for one of the best steaks I have ever had in my travels around the world. I'm afraid I've out lasted both Ken and his wife but the steakhouse is still there and is run by Ken's sons. (Used to be next door to Vaughn Monroe's "Meadows." The Meadows has now been expanded into a "Walmart."
In some parts of the country you can this day purchase "Ken's Steak House" salad dressings. I recommend the "Ken's Lite Italian" dressing. We could even get it in Texas before we left.as the most close to what was the original and famous house recipe.

Old 05-12-2008, 02:11 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Stealth

ORIGINAL: hyperion

Yes I know, but it seems to me I sort of remember (even though I have a touch of the "mad cow disease) someone else here has a May 30th birthday. Perhaps "gary?" And have you noticed that even though May 30th is on a Friday this year, these dolts in Washington are still celebrating Memorial day on Monday the 26th?
I tell you that you start feeling the years when you attend your youngest Grandaughters college graduation as we did this past Saturday! (Andwe had a celebration dinner after, at "Ken's Steak House" In Framingham Ma. where my wife and I had our "engagement dinner" 57 years ago.) In "51," the "ken's special sirloin" was $3.25. Saturday, it was $24.00.
Believe me,,,,, the years continue to "fly by." (And yet we have to say, "Ain't life grand")
(OH, sorry Gary, the wife's still planning on burying me in the Allante, Had to purchase a second "plot.")
ahh ahhhh! Gary ... upcoming happy 58th birthday ! (+/- a few)

Plus or MINUS a few would be correct, but not til August.

quote:

And please, "no more reminders" of something I 'm endeavoring to forget!!

Hey Zin, when you start forgetting we will all have a problem.

(OH, sorry Gary, the wife's still planning on burying me in the Allante, Had to purchase a second "plot.")

are you actually going to try putting that miserable top up for the funeral?

Old 05-12-2008, 02:26 PM
Super Moderator

Yes I know, but it seems to me I sort of remember (even though I have a touch of the "mad cow disease) someone else here has a May 30th birthday. Perhaps "gary?" And have you noticed that even though May 30th is on a Friday this year, these dolts in Washington are still celebrating Memorial day on Monday the 26th?
I tell you that you start feeling the years when you attend your youngest Grandaughters college graduation as we did this past Saturday! (Andwe had a celebration dinner after, at "Ken's Steak House" In Framingham Ma. where my wife and I had our "engagement dinner" 57 years ago.) In "51," the "ken's special sirloin" was $3.25. Saturday, it was $24.00.
Believe me,,,,, the years continue to "fly by." (And yet we have to say, "Ain't life grand")
ORIGINAL: Stealth

ahh ahhhh! Gary ... upcoming happy 58th birthday ! (+/- a few)

ORIGINAL: G.A.R.Y.

since 2 is a couple, three is a crowd, 4 is a few .. 58-4=54 .. dang .. much younger than I expected.

And please, "no more reminders" of something I 'm endeavoring to forget!!
Hey Zin, when you start forgetting we will all have a problem.

are you actually going to try putting that miserable top up for the funeral?

I dont expect so. Top down, trunk divider DOWN, pillow over the center arm rest ..
but, dont you have to get a EPA permit to do that?

Old 05-12-2008, 04:34 PM

......................................"I'll quit now!................................

Old 05-12-2008, 08:27 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Underdog

Why do they call it P.M.S.?

Mad Cow Disease was already taken.

Author Unknown, presume deceased.

hey .. dont blame me .. I simply find patterns ...

Old 05-13-2008, 12:01 AM

OK, no blame. It could be said just as Jay Wisan quoted; we are keeping the hard top just for the burials. Actually, his "widow" relented and sold the car and the flatbed trailer that went with it, which we had all grew to know and love!

Old 05-13-2008, 07:57 AM
Super Moderator

OK, no blame. It could be said just as Jay Wisan quoted; we are keeping the hard top just for the burials. Actually, his "widow" relented and sold the car and the flatbed trailer that went with it, which we had all grew to know and love!
Not only did she relent, but I believe the car was sold for next to nothing at a time when the cars were worth something.

I actually thought of using the top for a canopy over the BBQ, but I wasnt sure the liner could take the heat & smoke. Any thoughts ?

Old 05-13-2008, 10:23 AM
Super Moderator

Jay Wisen

RIP good buddy.

Old 05-21-2008, 10:55 AM
Tech Certified Members

I'll be ... another Leo !!!