Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Free CABLE TV shows? getting better, more shows available

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 09:10 AM
Tech Certified Members
Default Free CABLE TV shows? getting better, more shows available

Cost: Free
Hulu.com, the streaming-video love child of NBC Universal and News Corp., is one of the best places on the Web to find free video content. While Fox and NBC have contributed the bulk of the media, some Comedy Central programming and movies from the likes of MGM, Warner Bros. and Universal are also available. New television episodes usually appear the day after they air.

Joost Cost: Free
Joost.com, in September 2008, when it relaunched as a browser-based streaming service. Most full episodes come from Viacom and CBS, both investors in Joost.
Joost also just released an application for the iPhone that lets you stream its video content when connected to wi-fi hot spots.

Netflix Cost: Starts at $4.99 per month.
Netflix
The DVD rentals-by-mail company has invested heavily in streaming video technology over the past few years, and it's finally paying off. Every Netflix subscription grants unlimited access to its library of over 12,000 videosincluding some current television offerings. And the service is no longer bound to your PC. Now you can stream movies through your Apple computer, Xbox 360, the stand-alone Roku box and Blu-ray players like PlayStation 3.

Old 12-29-2008, 09:20 AM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: Free CABLE TV shows? getting better, more shows available

I don't like this new Digital tv switch very much at all. Really windy weather the reception sucks and it is very annoying. Not many more channels with this basic digital system than with analog. But I don't watch anything on the computer thats going to be on tv. Maybe if I updated my Adobe reader or whatever it is, I might watch some racing vids from you-tube or something but I just read n read n read.

Old 12-30-2008, 01:14 AM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: Free CABLE TV shows? getting better, more shows available

Walmart had $240 Dell notebook computers with Wi-Fi but no hard drive.
these were designed for internet access, email, video clips, that sort of thing.

Then you got the i-phones and the blackberries and the ? ? ? ?

the world is changing .. and fast!

is no longer about can we watch, but will we .. watch?

one other thing .. in just two days, the art of texting while driving becomes illegal in CA, along with drugs and alcohol,

I believe that watching a movie or video clip, eating a triple cheeseburger, holding a 42 oz soda or a hot cup of coffee, reading the LA Times, surfing the web, typing, dancing La Bamba, applying Chanel makeup, shaving, changing your clothes, putting on socks and shoes, kissing, or having sex while driving is still not illegal.

On that texting subject, go and watch the latest movie, "Six Pounds" with Will Smith .. quite good.

Old 04-22-2009, 10:35 AM
Tech Certified Members

True story
What happens when people have too much time in their hands?

==========

Two central Pennsylvania friends spent most of March '09 in a text-messaging record attempt, exchanging a thumbs-flying total of 217,000.

For one of the two, that meant an itemized bill for $26,000.

Nick Andes, 29, and Doug Klinger, 30, were relying on their unlimited text messaging plans to get them through the escapade, so Andes didn't expect such a big bill.

"It came in a box that cost $27.55 to send to me," he said Tuesday. He said he was in shock as he called T-Mobile

It is not known if their new record will be accepted by the Guinness World Records.