Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

baseball - 2007

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 04:35 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: baseball

ORIGINAL: hyperion

Not really untill you think about it for a few minutes. Gloucester is probably one of the biggest ports in the world for the commercial swordfish fleet.

And then you have the "Scrod."

And of course, you have the "full stadium" baseball fans!

Oven-Roasted Boston Scrod[/align][/align]Yield: Makes 6 servings[/align]Scrod is young cod. The firm, lean white flesh is versatile and easy to love. Like all seafood, it's a source of the essential omega-3 fatty acids.[/align]Ingredients:

1/2[/align]cup seasoned dry bread crumbs[/align]
[/align][/align]
1[/align]teaspoon grated fresh lemon peel[/align]
[/align][/align]
1[/align]teaspoon paprika[/align]
[/align][/align]
1[/align]teaspoon dried dill weed[/align]
[/align][/align]
3[/align]tablespoons all-purpose flour[/align]
[/align][/align]
2[/align]egg whites[/align]
[/align][/align]
1[/align]tablespoon water[/align]
[/align][/align]
1-1/2[/align]pounds Boston scrod or orange roughy fillets, cut into 6 pieces (1/4 pound each)[/align]
[/align][/align]
2[/align]tablespoons margarine, melted[/align]
[/align][/align]
[/align]Tartar Sauce (recipe follows)[/align]
[/align][/align]
[/align]Lemon wedges[/align]
[/align][/align]
[/align]

Okay, so let me get this straight. You would have a full stadium watching the Boston scrod. Good replacement for the boston braves. And how long ago did they leave and why? And I wonder what your mascott would look like?

GO CANES

Old 08-24-2007, 07:13 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: G.A.R.Y.

Not really untill you think about it for a few minutes. Gloucester is probably one of the biggest ports in the world for the commercial swordfish fleet.

And then you have the "Scrod."

And of course, you have the "full stadium" baseball fans!

Oven-Roasted Boston Scrod[/align][/align]Yield: Makes 6 servings[/align]Scrod is young cod. The firm, lean white flesh is versatile and easy to love. Like all seafood, it's a source of the essential omega-3 fatty acids.[/align]Ingredients:

1/2[/align]cup seasoned dry bread crumbs[/align]
[/align][/align]
1[/align]teaspoon grated fresh lemon peel[/align]
[/align][/align]
1[/align]teaspoon paprika[/align]
[/align][/align]
1[/align]teaspoon dried dill weed[/align]
[/align][/align]
3[/align]tablespoons all-purpose flour[/align]
[/align][/align]
2[/align]egg whites[/align]
[/align][/align]
1[/align]tablespoon water[/align]
[/align][/align]
1-1/2[/align]pounds Boston scrod or orange roughy fillets, cut into 6 pieces (1/4 pound each)[/align]
[/align][/align]
2[/align]tablespoons margarine, melted[/align]
[/align][/align]
[/align]Tartar Sauce (recipe follows)[/align]
[/align][/align]
[/align]Lemon wedges[/align]
[/align][/align]
[/align]

Okay, so let me get this straight. You would have a full stadium watching the Boston scrod. Good replacement for the boston braves. And how long ago did they leave and why? And I wonder what your mascott would look like?

GO CANES

i may have to slap you with a Certified CHEF banner .. damn, that looks good.

Old 08-24-2007, 08:24 PM
Super Moderator

But then again you could have a baseball team named the boston swordfish, but I'm afraid the mascott would look just like Billy the Marlin

Old 08-25-2007, 12:37 PM

So OK. We'll settle for the "Boston Dodgers." The Braves were pulled out by the National league in the early fifties but for league expansion and not for lack of fan support. Now just about every "baseball town" (notice the category) can support two teams even with the mega ballparks.
It is sort of great to have a team that draws as many fans to the park when they travel as the locals can drum up.
Of course, "you have to be the good guys!"
And we (and the next door neighbors) had a beautifull "scrod" dinner last night at the local restuarant. Ours were served "broiled" and "fried" however but it's one beautifull fish and right out of the bay.

Old 08-25-2007, 01:00 PM
Super Moderator

Zin

Okay so Miami is not a baseball town, nor was it a basketball town until the Shaq and Wade show. Actually, this is a bush league town and band wagon jumpers, except for football. I'm from PA. but have lived here for many years, and this has always been a bush league town, sad to say. Having said that, I will pull for the Marlins until the end. As for the rest of sports, GO CANES, GO (Philly)EAGLES, GO FLORIDA PANTHERS.

Old 08-25-2007, 01:13 PM
Super Moderator

Zin

For dinner last night we had fresh, just caught yesterday,dolphin. Don't know the guys in the photo but that is a bull dolphin probably weighs about 40 lbs.Largest one I ever caught was a 52 lb bull. For grilling I like the cows in the 12 lb range, easier to handle.

[hr]

Lime-Grilled Mahi Mahi Steaks
Ingredients
• 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (2 to 3 limes)
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
• 1 tbsp soy sauce
• 1 tsp grated fresh ginger root, optional
• 1 tsp Dijon-style mustard
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
• 6 mahi mahi or tuna steaks (about 1-inch thick)
Preheat grill or broiler. In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, garlic, soy sauce, optional ginger root, mustard, salt, and pepper. Brush the mahi mahi or tuna steak with about one-third of the dressing and reserve the rest.
Place the mahi mahi steaks on the grill, and cook to desired temperature, flipping only once. Brush mahi mahi steaks once again after flipping.

Actually I prefer to coat with Prudhommes blackened redfish magic before grilling.

Old 09-16-2007, 10:25 PM
Location: Canfield, Ohio (halfway between Cleveland and Pittsburgh)

Damn Zin! 4.5 on 16th of Sept. is still safe. Hope to see BoSox and NYY playing again in Oct.

Old 09-18-2007, 12:02 AM
Location: Canfield, Ohio (halfway between Cleveland and Pittsburgh)

ORIGINAL: jim

Het Zin: Don't count those Yankees out yet! They were 141/2 games back, and now a lot closer, and now on a roll, and a lot of ball left in the season. Could come down to the wire, don't you think?
.If you'll check every post I've made on this subject you will see a forcast for the Sox and Yankees being in it down to the last week..
(We haven't even seen the all star game yet.)
3.5 behind man you guys are good! GARY couldda had me again. I would have bet that if the Yanks got within 7, they were doing well. Looking like both will see the post season!

Old 09-20-2007, 06:33 PM
jim

Well Zin you were right on the money this time!! awhile back G.A.R.Y. was bad mouthing Joe Torre, when they were a good # of games out, and as I recallyou said not to count outthe Yankees, And now they are only 1 1/2gamesbehind the Sox. and 10 games remaining. I'm sure both will be in playoffs to make some interesting games soon!! Good call Zin!!

Old 09-20-2007, 06:52 PM
Super Moderator

Winning is everything....................

Quick Reply: baseball - 2007