Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

baseball - 2007

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 09:03 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: baseball

Reggie Jackson ?

ORIGINAL: hyperion

But "who's got the best record in major league baseball?"
Got to ask that before tonights game!!

Old 05-07-2007, 10:17 AM
Super Moderator

44 years old and gonna make over 1 million a week, what a country Uranus, you should have played ball.

Old 05-07-2007, 10:34 AM
Location: Canfield, Ohio (halfway between Cleveland and Pittsburgh)

Once again I gatta ask, what would your response be That we want you to work for us 8 months of the year. Fly you to different cities first class, a groupie ( naw let's not go there), give you $150 a day for meal money, half your work day is playing cards in the clubhouse and you get to play baseball every day.
oooppps not every day for this dude, play a day and fly home for 4 days to be with the wifey and kiddies. Question is what would it take to get you to play. Think I'd ask "Is $35,000 asking to much?" But these guys have a pitcher who if he has surgery, will end this contract on the DL. $40,000,000 with a grand total of five victories, 8 million per. This guy might be a bargain. You're correct, WHAT A COUNTRY!

Do they play baseball in Tennesse?

Old 05-07-2007, 11:04 AM
Super Moderator

I think out of gratification I would give up the 150 a day per diem. And I hear they play with their baseballs in Tenn. Start juggling Uranus.

Old 05-09-2007, 10:49 PM
Super Moderator

kranker scheiss ! ! !

ORIGINAL: G.A.R.Y.

I think out of gratification I would give up the 150 a day per diem. And I hear they play with their baseballs in Tenn. Start juggling Uranus.

Old 05-13-2007, 10:48 AM
Super Moderator

I can't explain even the Marlins losing 2 to the Nat's. Woe is S. Florida. Canes didn't look like much,( the rest of the country started recruiting Liberty City) theMiami Heat are old and out, Dolphins can't trade Rickey Williams becausehe is high all the time and the Marlins are one from the cellar. There is always South Beach and Coconut Grove.

Go Eagles.............

Old 05-13-2007, 07:01 PM

OK, try this one on for size. Fifth inning, Fenway park. Baltimore shutting down the red Sox on Mothers day. Becket the number 1 pitcher for Sox has skin torn on middle finger and has to leave game.
We now get to the end of the ninth inning with Baltimores new young pitcher on the verge of pitching his first shut- out. Score: Baltimore 5 Sox "nada." Two down when batter for sox hit's a pop up and pitcher, third baseman and catcher camp under it in front of the pitching mound. Pitcher and third baseman called off and catcher attempts to catch ball over his left shoulder and drops it.
Baltimore manager takes out the rookie pitcher (ruining any chance for nine inning shutout.)
Brings in "closer" for last out and the win. Fenway park still packed because Boston fans just don't leave, and besides all moms are invited to run the bases in Fenway after the game with their kids.
What happens? Three pitchers later, still in bottom of ninth, Sox win game; six to five.
Now, that's what I call "baseball,"

Old 05-14-2007, 06:23 AM
Location: Canfield, Ohio (halfway between Cleveland and Pittsburgh)

Zin is Cocco Crisp a hero yet?

Old 05-14-2007, 08:11 AM
Super Moderator

before this goes the imus way,
it is Coco, one "C", meaning Coconut ..
not Cocco as in Chocolate

ORIGINAL: wcoates

Old 05-14-2007, 09:32 AM

ORIGINAL: wcoates

.He is still making every catch in center look outstanding. Still battling the slugger Mo Pena for the position though even though Mo either drops every fly ball hit to him are lets it go between his legs.
Coco has been getting on base a lot however and every time he does it seems to be an automatic steal. Something the sox are not noted for and he is smiling a lot more lately.
Trouble to become a hero on this team however when they are all performing so darn well, it would be difficult to single out even one..

Quick Reply: baseball - 2007