Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

2012 kazashi SLS

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 07:55 PM
Default 2012 kazashi SLS

Ijust traded in my 05 STS4 for this car and love it.

This car is simply AMAZING! I am so excited and happy with it I don't know where to begin. First let me say I traded a 2005 STS4 AWD for this car and have absolutely NO regrets. Granted the STS was very fast b/c of its powerful V8, It also had a long-range remote start, an, but I honestly don't miss ANY of those features after driving this car! I sprung for the AWD SLS (with navigation ) in Deep Sea Blue metallic b/c it is so gorgeous on this car with tan leather. The GTS and SLS models look the same but have a few different features. But the ground effects, lower chrome strip, wheels, and aggressive front end transform the regular Kizashi into one fantastic looking sports sedan. The car has the feel of a BMW, the build quality the Japanese are known for, and an exterior design like nothing else on the road. It is such a blast to drive. It truly feels like a high-end German car, in that everything works together and makes you feel connected to the car. Don't believe the reviews by so-called experts that knock the power and CVT transmission. Its a wonderful combination that just works. 180hp in a 3200lb car is plenty to elevate your heart rate. No this car isn't going to win any drag races b/c its not a jackrabbit off the line, but once moving it feels every bit as fun as any BMW or Audi I've driven. Its steering is tight and communicative, its handling is razor-sharp, and its overall feel is positively Germanic. And while the CVT in automatic mode may be too lethargic for some, all you have to do is put it in manual/sport mode and use the BMW-like shifter or the F1-inspired paddle shifters. Oh, and where else can you get an AWD sports sedan where you can turn off the AWD when you don't need it to improve gas mileage? Nowhere! Trust me, if you're in the market for a sports sedan, take either an AWD GTS or SLS for an extended test drive AFTER driving whatever else is on your list, and you'll be sold. There is nothing else out there in this price range that offers all this equipment, is as good-looking, or is as fun to drive. Yes you could go buy a used BMW 328 or 335 for $26-30,000, but then you'd have a USED car, with tons of miles on it, questionable reliability, and minimal options, that may or may not have been treated well. I've owned some serious sports sedans in my life, and this AWD Kizashi SLS is every bit as fun as any of them, for a fraction of the price! Again, while this Kizashi SLS AWD may not be the fastest sports sedan out there, its combination of value for the money, driving dynamics, steering feel, build quality, refinement, and overall FUN factor cannot be beat. It also has a OEM Garmin Navigation unit with a backup camera that is killer.This Kizashi is definitely a sleeper. Check it out.

Last edited by jono6406; 10-26-2012 at 07:02 AM.