Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

1962 Coupe Deville- needed for filming

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 10:58 AM
Default 1962 Coupe Deville- needed for filming

Hi all,
I work for a TV production company based in London, UK. I’m part of the production team for Wheeler Dealers - a popular motoring show on the Discovery Channel. It is broadcast on Discovery Velocity in the States.
The premise is the show is that a car dealer buys a car in need of repair and passes it to a mechanic. The mechanic does the repair work and then the car dealer sells the car to finish the programme. It is a ‘how to’ show to exhibit to people what they can do with their own vehicles.
We have a film crew coming to the States soon to film our presenter buying two American icons which we then plan to ship back to the UK. One of the cars we’re looking to buy is a 1962 Cadillac Coupe Deville
For the beginning of the episode we’re looking to film a 'pristine version' of a '62 Coupe Deville. This will act as stock footage to set up the story for the rest of the programme and show viewers what we’re trying to achieve with our own vehicle.

As such this is an enquiry to see if you might know of anybody that would be interested in having their Coupe featured as part of the programme? We’re looking for a really nice example, original condition - potentially having had a resto - '62 Coupe Deville. Preferably a 1964 but this is not essential by any means.
We would be looking to film in the LA area (most probably East of LA) in the week commencing Monday 10th December. Exact location is to be determined and is obviously partially subject to where the car is located.

Essentially we’re looking for someone who is proud of their vehicle and would like to see it featured on TV. If anybody is interested please email me: Ollie@attaboytv.com or my colleague matt@attaboytv.com. Preferably if you could send some pics of your car it would be appreciated. We would require you and your car for the one day and would cover all expenses including travel / gas and provide a DVD of the finished programme after it has aired.

We look forward to hearing from you.

The Attaboy Team