Member Introduction New to the forum? Stop in and introduce yourself! If you have a tech question, check out the General Technical Section

Salutations!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 09:36 AM
Default Salutations!

Hello everyone!

Long-time Cadillac owner, born and raised in the US, that has moved to Australia.

I have owned over ten Cadillacs, including a 92 Sedan DeVille, 88 Coupe DeVille, 87 Sedan Deville and a 2002 Seville SLS to list a few.

I have recently (yesterday) found out that Cadillac made factory RHD versions of the 99-04 Sevilles, so I am now eagerly saving up to purchase a new (to me) STS.

I do know about the head gasket issues, and have dealt with fifteen engines that had blown them, so that's going to be a non-issue. (The joys of working for a used car lot and the owner finding out you know more about GM engines than the two 'mechanics' they hired).

Most of my experience is admittedly with the older model cars, as I used to restore them and sell to enthusiasts. Hopefully I will be able to pass on my knowledge and help other members here as I am sure they will be helping me while I really learn the ins and outs of my car, since I doubt any of the mechanics down here will be able to work on it any better than I can.

Cheers mates!