Member Introduction New to the forum? Stop in and introduce yourself! If you have a tech question, check out the General Technical Section

Newby here

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2017, 09:29 PM
Default Newby here

Big fan of forums, and I picked up a 70 DeVille convertible back in July. Decided to give it a facelift, so I'm sure I'm going to be lurking around and asking questions about the restoration as I get into it.

A description of the car when I got it and the state its in now....

The has been parked in a guy's driveway here in Indiana for over 8 years. I've only seen it been moved once over the eight years. I approached him in July to see if he'd be interested in selling it and a day later he took me up on it. He's a third owner.

The car is unmolested, one other paint job (enamel), very little rust, 71,000 original miles, runs great. Chrome is all there and in incredible condition. New convertible top motor. Needs top, interior reupholstered and paint.

The car at this time is down to bare metal and any issues with rust have been properly repaired. (Passenger front fender behind wheel, and left rear quarter where it had been dented and poorly repaired with bondo) Bumpers look good but I'm sending them off for chrome since they are so much a part of the car and I want them to look good.

I will be looking for a new white interior kit, including convertible top cover, black carpeting, possibly a passenger door mirror, all new weatherstripping, and may have to repair the driver side door panel where the window switch is. Also will need a new top, trunk lining kit, passenger side back up lense on bumper, and hood insulation.

Thats the big stuff, I'm sure I'll be finding some minor things here and there.

the car was that goldfish/green color. I was going to go stock but decided to go 2018 Corvette blue. I'll also be bagging it and putting some newer style wheels/tires on it. Nothing crazy.

Old 10-24-2017, 09:32 PM

Here's a quick pic...

Attached Thumbnails Newby here-image.jpeg