Member Introduction New to the forum? Stop in and introduce yourself! If you have a tech question, check out the General Technical Section

Newbie with part question

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 10:13 PM
Question Newbie with part question

I got a 1989 Cadillac Seville Sadan and as you know finding parts for an 89 is not as easy. I not going to lie I wanted to sell the car at one point because my father gave it to me a few years back. But after driving, and putting simiple modifications on it, I love that car but locating parts has truely been an effort I am losing over here. If anyone can help I am looking for the factory radio bracket mount. I keep her in tip top shape for such an old vehicle and she has always been there for me. Funny thing is only 52000 miles on her and no the odometer didnt roll over. I am still working on her and from where I started I will sooner or later be complete. Can anyone help.

Old 05-18-2009, 12:02 AM
Tech Certified Members

Originally Posted by jpennie
I got a 1989 Cadillac Seville Sadan and as you know finding parts for an 89 is not as easy. I not going to lie I wanted to sell the car at one point because my father gave it to me a few years back. But after driving, and putting simiple modifications on it, I love that car but locating parts has truely been an effort I am losing over here. If anyone can help I am looking for the factory radio bracket mount. I keep her in tip top shape for such an old vehicle and she has always been there for me. Funny thing is only 52000 miles on her and no the odometer didnt roll over. I am still working on her and from where I started I will sooner or later be complete. Can anyone help.
how did that happen .. i mean, losing that bracket mount?

have you checked the suppliers in our Community Thread?

Old 05-18-2009, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by stomper
how did that happen .. i mean, losing that bracket mount?

have you checked the suppliers in our Community Thread?

Well what happened was that around christmas time I use the car to drive back and forth to work. I had installed a new radio in the car with a removable face plate. The one day I forget to take the faceplate with me someone steals it and completely took the bracket with it. The good I can get out of this situation is that the theif just picked the lock and stole the radio instead of smashing in the window. So now just looking for the bracket because I have the radio now but no bracket to hold it in.

As well I am new to this site I got on because a friend referred me so using the site is a little new to me of course. I will attempt a more thorough check.

Old 05-18-2009, 08:03 AM
Tech Certified Members

sorry to hear that.

the dealers will not carry unique parts for an '89, so your only source is cars being parted on places like ebay or salvage yards.
our community thread has several Cadillac yards listed.

Old 05-18-2009, 08:43 AM
Tech Certified Members

have you checked with any local stereo shops in your area. if you want i can give one in my area a call. im almost positive he could come up with a bracket for you. just called him, he said he could fabricate one for you..... drop me a e-mail if you'd like me to pursue this... he though it would be easier to order from your caddy store.
rickyd

Old 05-20-2009, 12:42 AM

Well so far I have only been to certain junk yards around the area. I have only been to a couple of audio spots here in NY but I get the same line look for it at a Junk Yard. And the average parts junk yards I have been too parts go back to the mid 90's. if you can give me some help trust me I am desperate because holding a radio in an open slot is like really depressing to look at when you hit a bump. Its like right now that is one of the major parts I have had a hard time looking for.

Just yesterday I went to another site and no bracket. I even spoke with a couple of guys to see if I can mold down a part similar but I have been told it doesnt work and you need that factory bracket.

Last edited by jpennie; 05-20-2009 at 12:46 AM.