Member Introduction New to the forum? Stop in and introduce yourself! If you have a tech question, check out the General Technical Section

new sts , with electrical problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2010, 01:45 AM
Default new sts , with electrical problems

Just bought 99 sts , experiencing electrical issues , need help finding grounding points ,so I can eliminate that part of my troubleshooting process . Already replaced icm . Please help !!!

Old 12-25-2010, 09:30 PM
Tech Certified Members

are electrical problems interior, dash, fuel gauge, back-lites going dim...ETC.. ??? you need to give us more information. what are the miles on the car?
haha lucky its a slow day... i dp have all ground locations on ur car and will send along. read one of my posts E-GHOSTS.. it might help you.

also, i see this being your first post... MMMM have you been in member introduction yet??? anyway.... welcome to the fourm....

Last edited by rickyd; 12-26-2010 at 06:29 AM.
Old 12-26-2010, 08:34 AM
Default yes

Yes you're right, the dash goes blank when I try to start, sometimes it flickers in and out. The car will finally start when the check engine light comes on, the car will chime three times and then it will start , there are about 150,000 miles in the car. I have observed moisture I'm the trunk. When I finally get it started , it runs fine . Occasionally it will cut off without warning and I have to go through the same process again , repeatedly turning the key until it fires up . I have read your posts on e ghosts and it was very helpful. But to be honest , when it comes to electronics in a car I'm an idiot. So please bear with me , in serious need of help , cause this is my only form of transportation. Thank you I'm advance , cause I can already tell you're the man I need to consult about this problem

Old 12-26-2010, 04:11 PM
Tech Certified Members

okay so..... let me see if i understand. you can turn the key to start the car, and nothing happens?? if so, when the engine does turn, does it hesitant, or is it slow to turn?
now, moisture in the trunk.... where is it?? a big concern of mine would be
moisture under rear seat where battery and interior fuse boxs/relays are.
now, when it is started and running.....are all electrics work properly?? very important..!!

okay.... so the dash blinking on and off at start is normal, so no concern there.
..... if in fact you turn the key and it doesnt turn over at times, it could be the starter,
starting to go bad..

hope this helps, and keep us posted

rickyd

Last edited by rickyd; 12-26-2010 at 04:15 PM.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:47 PM
Default so frustrated

The engine will turn over every time I turn the key , so I'm sure the starter is fine. Moisture is only in the trunk , none under back seat. When the engine is running , electronics work fine except the drivers door and seat. Which is expected cause I am getting a code for the ddm and msm.