Member Introduction New to the forum? Stop in and introduce yourself! If you have a tech question, check out the General Technical Section

New Member from SW Washington State

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2019, 06:58 PM
Default New Member from SW Washington State

Hello folks! I just got my parents 1997 Cadillac SLS earlier this year. It has a bit over 123,000 miles on it. It needs some work, but it is by far the nicest car I've ever owned, and I love it. My father originally bought it for my mother around 2004 or 2005, with about 90,000 miles on it, IIRC. She never took very good care of it because it wasn't the right car for her, and she's not a "car person". So it sat out in front of my parents house and was only used when needed.

My father has sunk thousands into it over the years, including about $4,000 just within the past 2 years alone. By my estimations, it still needs about $1,000 worth of work; everything from a new AC Delco antennae, to a new windshield. I'm on a fixed income at the moment, so car washes and oil changes are pretty much what i can afford.

Overall, it drives very well, is very comfortable, and it's a great highway cruiser. And when it is cleaned up, it is absolutely gorgeous to look at.

The pictures above were taken the morning after I cleaned it, just a couple of weeks ago. The pictures below are from a trip I made to a beach North of me back in about March or so.

She is NOT cheap to operate or own, but after driving a Kia Rio for 16 years, this thing is a Rolls Royce by comparison.