Member Introduction New to the forum? Stop in and introduce yourself! If you have a tech question, check out the General Technical Section

New Member - Hello

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 07:05 PM
Default New Member - Hello

I own a '95 Eldorado ETC and have owned it longer than any other car I've had simply becauseI feelit's atimeless piece of machinery. Unfortunately the repairs on it are quite expensive and sometimes I feel, unecessary, especially atone particular dealer in mind to which I refer to asBen Dover Cadillac. For instance I was told by the service advisor on one service visit that it was time for my brakes to be cleaned and adjusted.......disc brakes now!I just laughed and told him to try it on someone elseto which he replied "oh, it was just something that comes up on the computer generatedservice reminder list and didn't apply to all cars". Yousee what I mean then. Anything I feel I can do to try and understand what the problem might be before I'm forced to fork over my hard earned cash would be of great benefit.I've read a lot of the posts already and the collection of questions and technical knowlege is wonderful. I hope to learn a lot more about my car and as a result have it many more years. Looking forward to it. - Jim

Old 06-07-2007, 11:27 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: New Member - Hello

this "brake comment" one is a keeper.
thanks and welcome to the site

the next time a repair bill comes at you, compare that to
the monthly cost of a new car of similar caliber and you will
really know if the repair is expensive or a deal

ORIGINAL: EldoradoMD

I own a '95 Eldorado ETC and have owned it longer than any other car I've had simply becauseI feelit's atimeless piece of machinery. Unfortunately the repairs on it are quite expensive and sometimes I feel, unecessary, especially atone particular dealer in mind to which I refer to asBen Dover Cadillac. For instance I was told by the service advisor on one service visit that it was time for my brakes to be cleaned and adjusted.......disc brakes now!I just laughed and told him to try it on someone elseto which he replied "oh, it was just something that comes up on the computer generatedservice reminder list and didn't apply to all cars". Yousee what I mean then. Anything I feel I can do to try and understand what the problem might be before I'm forced to fork over my hard earned cash would be of great benefit.I've read a lot of the posts already and the collection of questions and technical knowlege is wonderful. I hope to learn a lot more about my car and as a result have it many more years. Looking forward to it. - Jim

Old 06-08-2007, 03:46 AM
Default RE: New Member - Hello

Thanks for the welcome. This post was supposed to go under member introductions,I've put it under the wrong heading. Is it possible for one of the moderators to move it where it belongs? - Thanks, Jim.