Member Introduction New to the forum? Stop in and introduce yourself! If you have a tech question, check out the General Technical Section

New Member, Hello to all!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 09:06 AM
Default New Member, Hello to all!

Hello All,
I was looking for a forum like this and finally found it. I will try to read as much as possible on a future Cadillac purchase. I plan to buy a 96-99 SLS or STS but I want to make sure I am making the right purchase and not buy a money pit such as my 95 Monte Carlo Z34 which just likes giving me problems and wanting more money, lucky for me my dad used to work on cars when I was young and I used to help him so I know a bit about working on my own cars. I would like to know what Cadillac is best from 96-99 (I only have about $6500 to my name as of now) either the SLS or STS. I want something that I can drive everyday without problems, something that I can work on such as do my own oil changes (tranny and engine), coolant flushes and refills, sensor and maintenance in general. I am a very picky guy and like to have my cars up to date, like the saying goes "some prevention now saves alot of regrets down the road". I stand by that when keeping my cars up and well maintained. I am looking at a 96 SLS with 135k mi, very clean, adult owned and kept and the guy wants $2450. I know I will have to go and drive check it out from bumper to exhaust tips, as well as scan it with my diagnostics scanner to see if any codes or pending codes are showing but would like to hear from you guys what else to look for while I am checking it out.
Thanks for reading my essay LOL.
thanks again and hope to hear from you guys.

Old 12-20-2007, 09:18 AM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: New Member, Hello to all!

smolek37k.... hey welcome to the Forum, nice to have a new guy that is egar, and looking for a GREAT automobile.... i drive a 99sts so i'm partial.... love it to death!.... look around the Forum to make your decission, there is a lot of great stuff in here to help with that. i'm sure you know diff between sls, sts....... luxury, touring.....is the way i see it, and i think the Forum agrees......... so if your coming from a z34, maybe a sts would be more to your likin'.... .. good luck in your search... if you need any assistance, bring it on. the Forum is good that way...
rickyd

Old 12-20-2007, 10:39 AM

Thanks Rickyd for the reply, but now that I have a family I am looking for something softer in ride and more comfy. So I'll probably go for an SLS.
thanks again.

Old 01-02-2008, 11:09 AM
Tech Certified Members

smo.... how you makin out dude? find anything?
rickyd