Member Introduction New to the forum? Stop in and introduce yourself! If you have a tech question, check out the General Technical Section

New guy of the day

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 02:59 PM
Default New guy of the day

Hello all, my name is Gus. On Saturday I finally entered the world known as Cadillac.

2005 CTS
Black inside and out
2.8l 6 speed manual

I don't know every option available, but I don't have screen/nav unit, heated seats, not sure about the sound system, but it seems good.

I still want to add my 12's and an amp though, but I dread the idea of running a high input because all of the other options are tied to the radio, so replacing it with an aftermarket headunit will make all other options useless, and I guess i'd rather have cool on screen options than more thump

I also don't like the single exhaust setup.

Over the next couple of days i'll be adding my 19" Katana ZR-5 in hyper black on to this car.

At some point, I want the V rear so I can set up dual exhaust. I also will setup an intake, and then go headers back at 2.5". And that'll prolly do it for now

Things I need to know / learn:

1. Can I put HID bulbs in the low beam projectors? I have a set of 9006 low beams that i'd like to put in there, but i'm not sure if the current bulbs are the same. To make matters more annoying, the book doesn't list headlight bulb numbers, it says I need to contact the dealer /fail

2. Has anyone hooked up subs and an amp to the stock head unit? If so, how?

I'm sure i'll find something by searching, but if you already know the answer, feel free to post up about it

Old 03-16-2009, 07:08 PM

Welcome to the forum Gus. Hope You enjoy the forum and get All the information You need to know along with Your own suggestions and opinions.

Old 03-17-2009, 10:14 AM
Tech Certified Members

welcome gus..... congrats on the purchase, and good luck with it. if you have pics send'm please.
rickyd