Member Introduction New to the forum? Stop in and introduce yourself! If you have a tech question, check out the General Technical Section

New to forum

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 02:09 PM
Default New to forum

Hey! I am a new (used) Cadillac owner. I purchased my (our) first Cadillac in March of this year.

I found a 2000 DeVille DTS Crimson Pearl with 56k miles on it, absolutley love the car. At the end of April, my headgaskets blew, followed by a short in a ground wire from the Mechanic not fully tightening the ground...

This week the alternator has gone bad, I am hoping to be able to repair this myself as I was just transferred and would prefer to worry more about moving and getting settled in to our new home then how much it is going to cost to fix it...

Bottom line I absolutley love the car, I think it just gets a little moody from time-to-time and likes to have more then the normal car wash for attention.

I look forward to posting on the site and helping where I can from my experiences, learning from your experiences and sharing in the overall excitement of owning a Cadillac.

Bill

Old 09-02-2007, 09:13 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: New to forum

Welcome to the site. A little slow around here this long weekend. Everyone out driven 'round with the windows down. I'm sure that after Monday the appropriate tech will answer any questions regarding your alternator, Meantime, enjoy the forums check them all out. You may even do a search on this site regarding your alternator.
Good luck.

Old 09-03-2007, 09:51 AM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: New to forum

hey mrmadhead...... welcome in....you'll like it around here...... great bunch of people, with one thing in common CADILLAC......sorry, two things..FUN...... check out OFF TOPIC, and all.....oh those caddys like a littlemore than the "normal wash"....... they just seem to run better "lokingood"
don't they?!??? lol
rickyd