Member Introduction New to the forum? Stop in and introduce yourself! If you have a tech question, check out the General Technical Section

New Cadillac Escalade Owner.......with a problem or two lol!!

Old 01-30-2014, 07:01 PM
Default New Cadillac Escalade Owner.......with a problem or two lol!!

Hello everyone, my name is Ken and I'm a proud new 2007 Cadillac Escalade owner. I purchased a black on black one. I love all the features, just wish GM would have thought some of the features through a little more. Seems like they just tried to throw as much as they could in the truck while sacrificing quality and fitment.

The previous owner took pretty good care of the truck. Just having to do some 100000 mile major service work. Speaking of that I just took my truck in to my local dealer to have the transmission service done (drain/refill and new filter), and once I got the truck back I noticed a pretty severe transmission shudder/vibration after the transmission was warm. I called the dealer and explained, so they had me bring it in the next day. Ended up being the clutches in the torque converter. A new one was going to cost me around $1100.00 dollars with a 12 month 12,000 mile warranty. I opted for a new transmission, as I wanted everything to be new and have a longer warranty. Total bill ended up being $2700.00 with a 3 year 100000 mile warranty. I know that things like this can happen but man, the transmission was shifting fine before the service was done. I guess this is what you get for preventive maintenance and following what GM recommends. So I guess me and this Escalade have gotten off on the wrong foot. Can anyone help me understand what is going on and if I have any options. Thanks and I look forward to your responses.