Member Introduction New to the forum? Stop in and introduce yourself! If you have a tech question, check out the General Technical Section

Dealership repair job opinions

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 10:09 AM
Default Dealership repair job opinions

I took a 2009 CTS to the dealership to have the right rear right knuckle replaced. The service writer said they had to do a wheel alignment when replacing the knuckle, I said okay and the car was repaired and I paid a $200.00 deductible from GMPP. The problem is this, after the car was repaired I noticed the steering was not right, the car pulled to the right and the steering wheel would change positions when hitting humps or making hard turns, it would jump to the left mostly and cause the stabiliTrack light to come on, but if I made a hard right it move back to the right. It’s as if the steering wheel had two positions and would back and forth. I called the service writer and asked him did they try to align the steering wheel when they did the wheel alignment he said yes and you can bring the car back if you are not satisfied with the alignment job. I took the car back. The service technician said the left knuckle was bad also. I took the car back to have the rear left knuckle changed, I told the service advisor to check the steering wheel really good. After the second repair job was the done the service advisor called me and said that the skip in the steering wheel was possibly caused by the first alignment job that was done when the car was repaired. He said something was loose and causing one of the wheels chamber to change, but it’s fixed now.

I think my deductible should be waived mainly by the dealership for the second repair because I took the car back to them because of the alignment problem which they basically admitted they probably caused by not aligning the car right. The car didn’t have a steering problem until after they did the wheel alignment. And it just so happened that the left rear knuckle was going bad too.

I’m I wrong for thinking I should not be charged a second deductible?

What could be loose that could cause the wheel chamber to move and cause a steering wheel to move back and forth?

Old 03-22-2014, 12:12 PM
Tech Certified Members

How did you know knuckle was bad? What was the concern/complaint on service order? Technically there is a deductible on each trip regarding a new concern. The dealer actually doesn't have the ability to waive deductible, He can contact DSM about waiving it. If the technician failed to correctly perform covered repair(Comeback) which this sounds like dealer should not charge Deductible. He should do" I'm sorry won't happen again" thing. The Service Advisor kinda admitted fault. Most common cause for alignment concern you describe would be improperly tightened fasteners. I would talk to service manager about refund, if you are unable to" work it out" contact Cadillac Customer Assistance. Have your invoices with you when contacting either " be prepared"