Member Introduction New to the forum? Stop in and introduce yourself! If you have a tech question, check out the General Technical Section

Ct5

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2021, 11:23 AM
Default Ct5

I live in Carroll County, MD and am 88 years old. Never in my life have I ever desired a Cadillac. I've had Fords, Chevies, VW's, Corvair, Hondas, and Toyotas. Since the 90's Toyota Camry, Prius, then my most recent, a 2016 Camry Hybrid. I loved the ride quality that the Camry's have, but I desired more performance, particularly acceleration. Going to the sports cars ie, Corvette, Mustang etc route, I would be giving up ride quality therefore I began looking at what Cadillac had to offer, and ended buying a demo 2020 CT5 with the V6 Twin Turbo engine. I wanted white but ended up with black and it does look very classy (if you can keep it clean).
I am very impressed with its performance and handling, but I think I may have lost a little in ride quality, particularly background noise and road noise compared to the Camry.
First problem I ran into was after a few days, I began getting a "Low Battery" warning indicator. This puzzled me until I found out why. The car is parked in the attached garage and I spend most of my time in the adjacent room with the key in my pocket, thus causing the headlights to come on very time I moved a little. I don't know if the sensitivity or range of the key sensor could be reduced. I ended up disabling the headlight coming on feature.
I'm looking forward to participating in this forum and learning more about Cadillacs.