Member Introduction New to the forum? Stop in and introduce yourself! If you have a tech question, check out the General Technical Section

Code Bleu

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 02:11 PM
Question Code Bleu

I just bought a 97 STS with 118k on it. I insisted that the seller get the smog cert before I bought it. Before, there were 3 warnings on the DIS: Theft Control System Problem -- May Not Restart, Service Ride Control, & Vehicle Limited to 90 mph. After the smog test (and new radiator installation by seller) the Traction Control , ABS, & Service Engine Soon lights were on. After learning how to access the codes from this awesome site -- the Service Engine Soon light was cleared and has not returned. I noticed that the car is a lot slower acellerating at low speed because 1st gear no longer engages like it did before the smog check. Fixing that problem is my fisrt priority. I have posted the latest codes below (I didn't include the History codes). I read some of the posts -- and unfortunately, the ABS fuse is OK. What I've read says that the Traction Control & ABS lights are preventing the use of 1st gear for safety reasons.

I used to tune cars for a living in the 70's & 80's -- I was even ASE certified for Tune-Ups -- so I know the "old" basics well. This is, however, my first experience dealing with pulling, interpreting, & clearing codes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The codes are posted below:

IPC

B2711: Won’t Clear
B2711 - PASSKey Open/Shorted Pellet After Good Key

U1255: Won’t Clear
U1255 - Class 2 Communication Malfunction (Serial Data Line Malfunction)

RSS

C1716: Cleared but returned after driving
C1716 - Right Front Damper Actuator Short Circuit to Ground

C1760: Won’t Clear
C1760 - Left Front Position Sensor Input Fault

C1783: Won’t Clear
C1783 - ICCS2 DL Left Output Short Circuit to GND

C1785: Won’t Clear
C1785 - ICCS2 DL Right Output Short Circuit to GND

PZM

B2471: Won’t Clear
B2471 - Interior Lamp Fault