Member Introduction New to the forum? Stop in and introduce yourself! If you have a tech question, check out the General Technical Section

Cadillac BLS Romania

Old 03-29-2009, 03:25 AM
Default Cadillac BLS Romania

Greetings,
My name is Lucian Albu and I am from Europa,Romania, Bucharest
In December 2008 I purchased a Cadillac BLS 2.0 Turbo, 210 hp., Elegance, with YSCFD49Y062300447 series.
The car was bought from the dealer in Romania, Radacini Motors, located in the town of Otopeni. The price was about 17 300 + VAT (about 20,300 EU). The car provided is from 2006 and had 300 km on board(being presented as the Showroom car of one of your representative in Sweden) and they can only offer 1 year warranty.
We agreed with the proposal because I was innsured that the car is practically new and Cadillac is a brand of GM group a special prestige in terms of automobile production.

At first I did not really put out by believing that I am not used to the car but have also led her and others and they said the same thing as me: a problem
The problem: when is when I go on the road with cubic stones, on humped roads, tram lines, deteriorations made the road trucks, virtually any way that is not a school paper road perfectly straight, the wheel tends to jump out your hand, simply I can’t only lead with one hand on the wheel; is very sensitive, feedback is sent to rotate the steering wheel is exaggerated.
If I run out on the tram or on the remaining areas (those mentioned above) back in the column are required to make corrections in the left-right wheel to maintain the direction and at a speed much more than is really dangerous reaction .
Same thing happens on a powerful acceleration, the car tends to take a left-right as I feel is making adjustments for the wheel to go forward, and also at brakes.

At speeds over 120 km / h variable servo it’s almost non existent the wheel being easy very dangerous, plus some wheels are balanced vibration.
Basically you cannot drive with only a hand on the wheel; only at speeds around 50 km / h and only on a road without any humps (straight road).
When I took the car from branch it was equipped with the 225/45/18 tires and turning left to right it reached passage of the wheel .The service where the car is in warranty made to the geometry of any wheels a 5 times at different locations of their branches (the geometry being made on the Saab 9-3 values) have changed direction and the box but the result was the same. The only problems have been resolved some spots of corrosion that have appeared on the rear doors, problems solved by painting the door and replacement of ornaments.
After the wheels have been changed with the size 225/45/17 and the geometry was done it was time to take the car for a test, the results showed no improvement in behavior.

After I announced the problem again they restored the geometry of the wheels of the ... ... .. time. I think I have already lost the number but this time the values Cadillac BLS, and again we have evidence for the car a few days.
Basically the car now has 3200 miles are 5 or 6 visits to service. This visits to me means lost time, money on fuel because the service is in a town near Bucharest, problems with my work for approval from the caretaker to be able to take the car at service (with the mention that I work at a multinational company with German management) and this job provides me the money for those 4 years of leasing and practical problem of failing at my job. At none of this visits I didn’t received a do***ent with the warranty for the service job performed. I asked many times for these do***ents but I didn’t received it. As well I didn’t received a certificate of warranty for the car, the manual is part in Spanish and some in English (the English one I have received after a few arguments with them) although legislation in Romania provides that these textbooks are in English/or Romanian.
Not only those at the service as I said many times that the car was bought with the discount and I should be satisfied with what we offered but the price was set by the seller not to me. I knew that I bought the car with this amount because it is from 2006 and has 300 km and that is not broken.
I ask you gentleman’s what to expect from now on ????I bought the car and I had confidence in a GM product, now after 3 months, about 3200 km, after 6 visits in service and after the car still has problems what to expect??????
Maybe some other visits in service until the expiry of the warranty or, after the warranty expires and I will start paying myself the problem will be fixed????? I trusted in a GM product and I accepted a warranty period of less just because of the prestige and respect that I mark for Cadillac.
Those in service start laughing when put next the question: What will happen if the car will be in service for many times in 3 months and will be (already has a front speaker distort, the brakes began having a weird noise) after the guarantee period what will happen ?????
What confidence can I have this car and what confidence can I have in service and representation in Romania which theoretically should provide to the GM standard??
I do not think GM’s standard represents repeated attempts to geometry, replacing the steering box and replace the spring-clock (if I remember correctly the name) that is a cable connection between CAE is the airbag wheel and the car that was probably broken when replacement steering box but in the end the problem still remains unsolved.
I can strongly say that this product disappointed me and my expectations.

Honesttly and respectfully I wait for your advice or an official opinion to this problem.
Thank you for understanding
Lucian Albu

24.03 2008, Bucharest, Romania.

Old 03-29-2009, 07:53 AM
Tech Certified Members

welcome to the forum... i think.... im still not knowing what your problem really is... sounds like your car does not handle good when you are driving on bumps in the road. also i am not knowing what kind of cadillac it is..... you need to tell the dealer that you want to talk to the manufactors representitive. good luck with this
rickyd