Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners

Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/)
-   Member Introduction (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/member-introduction-5/)
-   -   The BEST car Cadillac ever made is the .. (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/member-introduction-5/best-car-cadillac-ever-made-3065/)

Stealth 06-26-2007 10:14 AM

The BEST car Cadillac ever made is the ..

opinions, opinions ... lets have them !

Which car model do YOU think is the best of the best?
choose one ...

Sorry, the sytem only allows for 10 choices so i had
to "compress" the choices.

Please feel free to post comments BUT also take the POLL !

lyoung48 06-27-2007 02:20 AM

RE: The BEST car Cadillac ever made is the ..

Anything but a SLS.....mine's wearing me out....

rickyd 07-31-2007 06:28 AM

STS FOREVER

tascam 09-11-2007 06:37 PM

1998 Deville for looks and ride

2000SSVERT 10-26-2007 12:02 PM

STS-4 1SG

slowroll 10-28-2007 12:57 PM

The early El Dorados where the ultimate in excess and style, especially the convertible. The 86-91 IMO better left forgotten. The 92 good things on the way.The 93 - The Adult Muscle Car by Cadillac. For those unfortunate souls who could not enjoy the muscle car era, because a station wagon was more practicable ... wife,kids, dog.... It seems it was built just for them.

842heat 11-09-2007 09:59 PM

The best one I ever had was a 1980. Not the most powerful, but for sure the most confortable! Great ride and the seats were the best. Got good mpgs. I had it for 15 years and out side of wearout items like brakes I only replsced the master cylinder and the alternator. looked bitchen too. I sure miss that car. I have a 06 now and I think it will be my last Cad.

cadillac 11-28-2007 05:34 PM

'94-96 Fleetwoods w/ LT1 engine

billyo 03-16-2008 03:04 PM

though i am a strong fane of all cadillacs i have a strong passion for the seville model though it's a luxery model i can blow most rice rockets AWay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--billyp

--ss chicago

jerrymac 04-17-2008 12:32 AM

Eldorados for me. Had a 1990 Barritz and now have a 1997. Great running, riding and handling, plus sporty looks for a luxury car. Too bad they quit making them. Guess my next car won't be a Cadillac, sorry to say, unless maybe I can get a real nice slightly newer Eldo, but I will have to hurry since "newer" ones are gettin old now, lol..

stomper 04-17-2008 08:26 AM

ORIGINAL: jerrymac

Eldorados for me. Had a 1990 Barritz and now have a 1997. Great running, riding and handling, plus sporty looks for a luxury car. Too bad they quit making them. Guess my next car won't be a Cadillac, sorry to say, unless maybe I can get a real nice slightly newer Eldo, but I will have to hurry since "newer" ones are gettin old now, lol..
Before you decide, go sit in a '08 or '09 STS-V and come back and report.

General Mopars 04-19-2008 11:25 AM

I've had two ElDorados - a '72 and a '76, both convertibles. Great looking cars, but somehow they never rode right. I always thought they launched the fwd thing a little prematurely. My '79 Phaeton is everything a Cadillac should be - my vote's going for the DeVille, as the newer ones are still great in their own way.

IceDigger 05-12-2008 07:41 PM

I loved my old 92 Deville. That thing was a sofa on wheels and it had some balls behind it! I miss that car, wish I still had it.

joanne2008 05-16-2008 02:27 PM

Well you know what they say about opinions but my 1984 Eldo Baritz Conv has always been a Head Turner & People Stoper. Car has been stolden for me 2 times & got it back both times. First time gone for a yr & a half & got it back all pimped out in PURRRRRRfect condition. Second time it was gone for a yr & we were on the Fwy going to work & see 2 girls driving the car. WE were in disbelief that we recovered it again. Will try & find newspaper clippings & send it to you. Joanne

stomper 05-16-2008 02:56 PM

ORIGINAL: joanne2008

Well you know what they say about opinions but my 1984 Eldo Baritz Conv has always been a Head Turner & People Stoper. Car has been stolden for me 2 times & got it back both times. First time gone for a yr & a half & got it back all pimped out in PURRRRRRfect condition. Second time it was gone for a yr & we were on the Fwy going to work & see 2 girls driving the car. WE were in disbelief that we recovered it again. Will try & find newspaper clippings & send it to you. Joanne

Joanne,

those are WOWWS !

And to add to those two, the Allante this week?

what are the chances ...
Please post the articles / pictures ..

in fact, maybe you can start a thread of " Grand Theft Auto - Stolen and theft attempts collection " in the Hobby section ?

I had a Stang stolen in '01 .. recovered in perfect condition minus wheels, tow truck dragged the car w/o wheels up to the flat bed, insurance totaled car with irreparable undercarriage damage. That insurance money bough my 1st Allante. The rest is history.

danielkurt11 05-24-2008 12:05 AM

my favorite, the Cadillac Eldorado came to represent the best of everything: opulence, wealth, the good life and its always used in movies and wheels are so good in the road.

Bootsy 05-26-2008 09:37 AM

I had a 2000 Escalade and granted it was a beautiful truck, I replaced it with an '03 Yukon Regency. Now I have an '08 CTS and I do have to say it is the best for me:) I also have & hadseveral other cars to base my opinion on, but they are not Cadillac, so....'08 CTS3.6DI AWDfor me!

G.A.R.Y. 05-27-2008 08:11 PM

ORIGINAL: Bootsy

I had a 2000 Escalade and granted it was a beautiful truck, I replaced it with an '03 Yukon Regency. Now I have an '08 CTS and I do have to say it is the best for me:) I also have & hadseveral other cars to base my opinion on, but they are not Cadillac, so....'08 CTS3.6DI AWDfor me!
Motor Trend car of the year. Good luck with it.

kingrabbit 05-30-2008 12:43 AM

ORIGINAL: tascam

1998 Deville for looks and ride
I agree with u pal.

http://www.theautochannel.com/media/...rs_02_show.jpg

71eldorado 05-30-2008 10:23 PM

I'm new in here, but thought I'd participate. Had a 94 Deville and loved it. Tomorrow, I get my hands on my 1971 Eldorado convertible that I just purchased sight unseen (ebay). Look very forward to making her a traffic stopper!!

G.A.R.Y. 05-31-2008 12:24 PM

ORIGINAL: 71eldorado

I'm new in here, but thought I'd participate. Had a 94 Deville and loved it. Tomorrow, I get my hands on my 1971 Eldorado convertible that I just purchased sight unseen (ebay). Look very forward to making her a traffic stopper!!
I've heard horror stories, and not something I would ever do, but I wish you the best of luck. Look forward to you posting photos of making her a traffic stopper. Actually post the photo when you get her and we can do a before and after comparison.

Good luck, hope it's not TOO big a project for you.

G.A.R.Y.

nika 06-10-2008 12:36 AM

[align=left] [/align]Absolutely STS, because it is well known around the world as the most inventive
wheels available for noticeably in terms of upgraded horsepower of any vehicles. Its technology in 2003 and remains the only legally authorized company to design and sell remote-mounted turbo systems.They provideshigh quality remote-mount systems and with mind-blowing performance.

thewood 06-10-2008 04:37 AM

For a American sedan,it's a toss up between the Deville (DTS)and the Seville (STS). Both you can drive with a lot of comfort, power and manageability, and elegance.

The Deville has a slight edge in the comfortcategory for obvious reasons and is likely the best choice forthe family car. For people that want what it has to offer there's no other choice from an American Manufacture.

The Seville wins in looks.It's a nicelybalancedAmerican Sport/Luxury Sedanthat carries you off as if you were driving an exclusive sportscoupewith all theamenities of the Deville.

IMO Ford and Chryslercan't come close to either of these cars with what they offer in their lineups.

zyzzle 06-13-2008 06:01 PM

Try a 2008 0r 2009 STS!

gierol 06-20-2008 06:21 PM

^V- STS^

my treasure :))) :):):)

cadillacdave 06-29-2008 05:02 PM

there have been SO , SO MANY GREAT CADILLACS!!the 54convertible my grandfather had ,the 1971 eldorado my father had , the 85 eldorado convert I had.The allante' I had was a GREAT little car , the parts are a nightmare , but that carwas a real good handler!!all the other cadillacs Isee you guys talk about are GREAT cars its hard to say what the bestone is!!I currently have two ,a triple white 1979 eldorado biarritz and a real cool 1975 coupe deville (red)me personallyI dig all cadillacs,and I am the third generation in my family to keep owning , restoring and driving these great piece of american history!!

EJFX 06-30-2008 10:09 AM

This is tough!

The coolest by far is the XLR-V

However the best would be the Eldorado 1968-1977

You cant beat the 8.2 liter monster V8

cadillacdave 06-30-2008 08:41 PM

I had a 1970 eldorado customized by g. barris in calif. it was blue with sidemount sim. tires , simulated alligator 1/2 roof , this was a COOL car!! It had afactory 501/400hp engine it would roar at idle ,nice deep idle , I loved that one as the eldorado progressed?the horsepower of the 501's lessened because of gas consumption !!those eldorado's are definatly among my favorites!!

fbradley 07-02-2008 07:23 PM

I'm on my first and its an 06 DTS. Best riding car I ever had and the milage is not bad considering today's prices.

cadillacstyle 08-04-2008 12:59 PM

the Deville has always been topnotch. Cadillacstyle

SPreston2001 09-25-2008 12:01 AM

Gotta Go STS!!! Performance and Style!!!

sheltonsmith 09-25-2008 07:31 PM

Hi
well this forum has the total giving look which makes it a well informer website or web blog. Thanks for making such a beautiful blog

smith

Car Reviews

Mercedez L. 11-01-2008 03:54 AM

I would say the CTS or the CTS-V as those cars are so modern and don't make you feel like a senior citizen like most of the other models do.

Tarrance 11-03-2008 01:23 AM

Fleetwood, hands down. They need to bring it back. RWD and all. Love that big car!

Black ESV 11-17-2008 07:51 PM

The 1 you own!

Darmonus 12-31-2008 02:14 PM

HANDS DOWN 2000 DEVILLE ANY MODEL

acesfull 01-14-2009 02:46 AM

Hi All

For me the 76 Eldo Convertible. Also 76 seville. with the two tone paint and rolled leather interior.
I owned both cars, wish I had them today.
Thanks

acesfull

Cadillac4Life 02-14-2009 08:50 AM

I think that that my 1981 coupe deville 6.0l V8 is one of the best cadillac's they ever made. I have 81000miles on it and the car still runs strong!! Dont get me wrong I had a 2007 Cts and now i have the 2008 Cts they are good but they are not like the 81 coupe. When you drive the coupe on the highway it feels like a plane crusing along and you could never kill that car.

VONARO 02-15-2009 04:37 PM

DeVilles and Eldorados. :)

69' eldorados and 77' deville

rcadblue4 02-16-2009 09:47 AM

59 Eldorado Convert.

Has to be the best ever for high style. Years ago in the late 70's one of the guys where I worked had two of them. A triple white and a red with white interior and top. The red car was used for many auto books and calendar photos. They were mint and had all the toys like the record player under the dash. He also had a 58 Impala Convert and a 75 Caprice convert.
I have often wondered where they all are now.
As for me the DeVille is the ride of choice. However if a lucky lottery ticket came my way, its XLR time.