Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners

Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/)
-   Member Introduction (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/member-introduction-5/)
-   -   The BEST car Cadillac ever made is the .. (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/member-introduction-5/best-car-cadillac-ever-made-3065/)

sambo42xa 03-17-2009 01:23 PM

My only experience with a Caddy was my first car...1972 Eldorado, it was Emerald Green with the white interior. My Brother went away on tour with the band and I ended up with it. Motor seized after awhile though. Car is long gone but I still have the skirts. Next was my beauty...1973 Eldorado Convert., White on White with green interior. This car ran and drove primo! I was in my 20's and I was cool. Everyone had their Other cars and I had the "boat". I love the overall style of that year. Lots of memories with Her. Started to get rust, then I moved and had to store it......outside (New England weather). From there it was just awful. I ended up stripping the car, sold off parts here and there. With the economy now, I decided to start selling the rest of the parts. Overall, these were my only two Caddies. I love the Old ones too. The new ones I haven't really kept up on them so I couldn't give an opinion. They look nice though. Honestly, if I had the $ again, I would buy another 73 Eldorado Convert....then again, if I had the $ I probably would buy one of each!!!

19cadi96 03-30-2009 04:12 PM

I'll say the 95 Fleetwood Brougham. Has the updated larger mirrors, than on 94 and doesnt have the day time running lights like the 96 :) Funny thing is, I own a 94, and a 96. I also have a 97 DeVille, I heard about the haunted head gaskets, but I never thought it would happen to me. Heli coil didnt work to good. Looking for new heads. So Id go Fleetwood Bougham all the way! Ill get another one!

TEDDYP 05-08-2009 07:58 AM

I had a few caddy,s i would have to say my 93 fleetwood rwd love it had it 10 yrs 120,000 no major repairs

kennymillssays 05-08-2009 08:27 PM

where can i find interior for my 91 seville sts? i live in ky and i cant find anything on the net!

angierb 05-12-2009 02:00 PM

Still waiting for Cadillac to make a "good" car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VONARO 05-15-2009 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by angierb (Post 31619)
Still waiting for Cadillac to make a "good" car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:( :( :(

coolcam20 07-25-2009 09:25 PM

Best!

I've had 3 Devilles (89,99,01), 05 STS, and 84 Eldorado and I have to go with the EL DOG!!! When I bought it 2 years ago it had 120k, no rust, and Sat in the owners garage for about 8 months. I turned the key and it fired right up and drove home 200 miles on a fresh tank of BP GAS. I live between Georgia and Indiana so I only drive it about every 4-5 months. It always fires up and never stalls! I just recently got the engine rebuilt with steel heads, only because the aluminum in those 4100's scare me! A new altenator, radiator, catalytic converter, and suspension only because I didn't want any problems down the line.

The STS is cool but it's already had a new waterpump, rear diff rebuild, and Radio and it only has 50k on it!! Luckily all the work was underwarranty. Plus these cars have ALOT of Fiberglass on them now. Last I checked Steel was worth more and lasted longer than Fiberglass!! EL DOG WINS!!

coolcam20 07-25-2009 09:28 PM

If you are in or around the Louisville Area and don't mind driving to Indy I have a place called Gibbs Auto Interior that does all my old schools. The are VERY resonable on the price and do an excellent job! http://www.gibbs-auto-interiors.net/

utahpaul 07-11-2010 10:02 PM

'95 Eldo ETC

I've had a few good Cads over time, a '83 Eldo barritz, 93 Deville, but the 1995 Eldo ETC I bought new was so much better in every way than the older models I owned as far as performance, ride, comfort, looks....now I want to buy the wife a nice used 2001-02 Eldo, so she can enjoy what it was like, as our friends have a 2006 CTS and it's too darn small! Too bad the Deville will be downsized soon as we were looking at buying one, but not a sardin can like the CTS, STS has become

lightfoot07STS 01-04-2011 07:17 PM

Classic Cadillac's

I am from the South Side of Chicago and we do Cadillac's so right up north. The ones I grew up around and are my fav's, and in my opinion I think are the best Caddy's made: 93-94 Cadillac Fleetwood Brom, 96-98 Cadillac Deville (Concours and Delegance) and the 2000-2003 Cadillac Deville DHS and DTS. Of course you have to ride with the classic Vouge Tires.

Mr. carter 03-03-2011 06:09 PM

I must say its the deville 84 would be my favorite

jono6406 03-07-2011 08:01 AM

What about the Cimarron?
No mention of it?

92_Daddylac 03-08-2011 04:03 AM

Originally Posted by jono6406 (Post 41109)
What about the Cimarron?
No mention of it?

Oh no i cant help but laugh at this. ill explain what was wrong about this car. Being practicaly an insult to the name and owners of Cadillac. GM elected to rebadge its awful mass-market J-platform sedans (AKA Cavalier, Buick Skyhawk, Oldsmobile Firenza,sunbird), load them up with chintzy fabrics and accessories and call them "Cimarron, by Cadillac." This was what they used to give mercedes competition. This attemp at an eco version of Cadillac nearly killed Cadillac and remains its biggest shame. The car eventually became such a standard of the world for what not to do that, Cadillac Product Director John Howell had a picture of the Cimarron on a wall that said, "Lest we forget."

Stealth 03-08-2011 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by 92_Daddylac (Post 41125)
Oh no i cant help but laugh at this. ill explain what was wrong about this car. Being practicaly an insult to the name and owners of Cadillac. GM elected to rebadge its awful mass-market J-platform sedans (AKA Cavalier, Buick Skyhawk, Oldsmobile Firenza,sunbird), load them up with chintzy fabrics and accessories and call them "Cimarron, by Cadillac." This was what they used to give mercedes competition. This attemp at an eco version of Cadillac nearly killed Cadillac and remains its biggest shame. The car eventually became such a standard of the world for what not to do that, Cadillac Product Director John Howell had a picture of the Cimarron on a wall that said, "Lest we forget."

lets not forget history .. the most unwanted cars, the ugliest, the worst of the worst, after 30+ years, tend to end up being more valuable than other popular models as their numbers dwindle and spiral downwards by way of entry into the crushers ...

did anyone here ever price "The Thing", "Pinto", "Packard", etc ...

some take longer, much longer .. i'm still waiting for my fleet of Allantes to become gold .. but i'm not able to hold my breath for that long .. after celebrating their 20 year anniversaries, they are still near worthless .. at least when compared to Mustangs of the same vintage which when new, cost 1/3 of the Allante ...

92_Daddylac 03-08-2011 05:20 PM

Now stealth im a believer that the Allantes will be worth money as time passes. I See more potential than the Cimarron. The reason i say this is the car was just badged as a Cadillac and nothing on the car was remotely changed to make it different than than the Cavalier. They just gave it nicer seats, dressier door panels, and a shock absorber system to help keep the drivetrain from dancing around inside the engine bay. To enjoy Earth's yellow sun, an optional "Astroroof" was available only on Cimarrons.

just look at the Similarities or find something that is different.
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...20cimarron.jpg

http://thatcarguy.typepad.com/.a/6a0...70433f0970c-pi

Now if they would have had this as the Cimarron i would say it would be worth something or become valuable. This was an 85' Cimarron concept what happened?
http://www.carstyling.ru/resources/c...cimarron_1.jpg

The pinto and those other cars are unique in their own way and arent a copy of another car with different badges. Im positive you wonts see a Cimarron worth much in the future. But the Allante is a collectable to car ppl so im willing to bet the value will sky rocket soon. They were a unique car and nothing about them is like any other car.

Stealth 03-09-2011 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by 92_Daddylac (Post 41135)

This was an 85' Cimarron concept what happened?
http://www.carstyling.ru/resources/c...cimarron_1.jpg

The pinto and those other cars are unique in their own way and arent a copy of another car with different badges. Im positive you wonts see a Cimarron worth much in the future. But the Allante is a collectible to car ppl so im willing to bet the value will sky rocket soon. They were a unique car and nothing about them is like any other car.

that is one sharp looking concept car .. the bean counters got to it?

also, gotta give you that one; the pinto was unique .. i bought one brand new for $1600, 2,000cc with 4 speed stick, when i was in the military, put on almost 300,000 miles on it, then put it on jacks in a garage and forgot about it for 25 years .. two years ago, i sold off the jack-stands, not running for 25 years for about double what i paid for it new .. my '88 Allante, running ain't worth that much, dont make that bet, you will loose .. its value is not going anywhere in the next couple decades ...

btw, i sold the Pinto so i that could park the '92 Allante in its place which hasnt moved for two plus years along with the '86 GT Stang ragtop with a modified 5.0 / 6 speed stick which has also sat for those two years .. can you tell that i like ragtops? must be one crazy lifestyle, one cant hold the kids and then every girl that has crossed my path in the past 15 years cant handle sunshine - I wont even go into the motorcycle lifestyle ...

I tried to add the Cimarron to the poll but the system would not allow me .. sorry Cimarron buffs ...

Sticker prices --
The 1988 Allanté hardtop/convertible sticker was $56,533, today they bring maybe $2,500, about 4% of sticker;
the 1992 Allanté sticker was $58,470 for the convertible, and $64,090 for the hardtop/convertible including the gas guzzler tax of $1,300 - today they bring maybe $4,000, again, about 4% of sticker;
the '86 GT Stang convertible sticker was $14,945 - today they bring maybe $6,500, about 46% of sticker

do you know how much was the Cimarron ?

92_Daddylac 03-12-2011 02:47 PM

the Prices for the Cimarron:

The base MSRP in 1982-1984 was around $12,200-$12,700 they were only equiped with 4 cylinders.

For 1985 -1986 for the 4cyl. was $12,962 and $13,128.

V6 cimarrons from 1985-1988 was $13,522, $13,838, $15,032, $16,071.

From my understanding these prices were almost double what the Cavaliers/Sunbird cost.

Sherlyn 04-13-2011 02:03 AM

SLS is great :)

Sam DiBenedetto 05-23-2011 12:26 AM

We have a 92 El Dorado. It has been breaking down a lot lately. But it does what the comercial says, when we turn it on, it returns the favor.

prudand 06-27-2011 09:20 AM

I Like Deville... it's simply fantastic1

jono6406 07-14-2011 08:51 AM

What! No Cimarron in the Cadillac line-up. What gives because I think that was one of the better Caddies( with the 2.8L engine only).

Cheyenne Jackson 12-08-2011 07:24 AM

Working on My 3rd Cadillac CTS

I love this car. I saw a police officer driving one years ago black on black in black. It was the most beautiful thing I ever say. Since that time, I bought a basic CTS with no extras...but I loved it. Then I bought a package deal CTS and I got it through leasing...worst mistake ever.

Then I bought a White Diamonds color CTS recently with the best interior I ever saw...I Pod docking station, surround sound, leather seats and a whole bunch of other perks that I still have not used, but I call it a chariot....its my dream car and I love it.:):):):)

vinnyo 12-14-2011 03:24 AM

Although I am a vintage Cadillac guy I chose the CTS-V because I rode in one the other day and it was sweet.

REDRACER 01-25-2012 05:03 PM

Hands down, the best Caddy EVAH is the CTS-V Coupe.

REDRACER 01-25-2012 07:25 PM

Youknowdasright!

Fleetwoodmac2 02-02-2012 03:43 PM

cadilac fleetwood built until 1997 the last real cadilac. My last favorite was the fleetwood brougham in the 80s.

ETC93 02-02-2012 05:47 PM

I like all of them ! I would say Eldorado (considering all versions and the history of that model), a more up to date answer would be a CTS-V coupe, unfortunately I never tried one yet...

72coupeMan 04-22-2012 01:21 AM

This is easy coupe deville anything pre-80. I personally call them land yachts.:)

REDRACER 04-22-2012 01:03 PM

Best caddy evah

Escalade loads of respect to all the other Caddy owners out there ;) but the answer to this question is simple: THE CTS-V COUPE IS CADDYLISCOUS, SO GET OUT THERE AND START YOUR OWN CADDY RUCKUS!!:cool:

REDRACER 04-22-2012 01:07 PM

Best caddy evah

YOUKNOWDASRIGHT!:eek:

SergioV8 07-07-2012 10:21 PM

The fact the CTS-V has a corvette engine in it, makes me say it's the best one :)

zynmaster 08-29-2012 10:05 PM

1968 coupe deville slick top....hands down

Adrian Alchemistaj 09-01-2012 11:45 PM

Seville is one of the most beautiful cars I've ever seen in and out I froze when i first saw mine and knew i was taking her home so many problems tho besides tht its perfect :)

Karen 09-02-2012 10:55 PM

Favorite Caddy

I've owned quite a few older Cadillac's ~ including my fathers 1973 Elderodo convertible. For me its the 2000-03 STS that ranks the best. Sporty looking and still roomy, With style & comort its the best of both worlds.

Katzmans Caddy 09-03-2012 09:06 AM

I too have owned more traditional Cadillacs, Fleetwood, Deville, DTS and we recently added a 1999 STS and I was amazed at this car to be truthful, that generation, 98-03 are really nice cars. I like a biggest car but when alone I love the size of this, handling and power. The Code 9 Northstar is incredible. This car has perfomance times better than most standard muscle cars of the muscle car era, certain it would blow a 64 GTO into the woods. It's a muscle car in a tuxedo with every luxury comfort you can imagine.

Maurice5854 10-06-2012 03:13 AM

There are many Cadillac but The best one I ever had was a 1980. Not the most powerful, but for sure the most comfortable! Great ride and the seats were the best.

Karen 10-06-2012 08:17 AM

coast forever

I remember the Deville's from the 70's thru the mid 90's. They seemed as big as a boat, but sure didn't handle like one. Smooth and very powerful.
They had prestige and were easy to drive concidering it's size. I could take my foot off the gas and coast forever at speed or faster which resulted in great gas mileage.
I also remember my future husband & I in the back seat of his fathers 1975 sedan Deville with pleanty of room if you know what I mean.
I am partial now to the Seville STS, but those Deville's where the car of it's day.

Jeff R 05-18-2013 08:37 PM

Best ever?

Simple,
Whatever you have!!

2016atsv 10-02-2016 08:52 PM

My opinion for best cadillac is...

2016 ATS-V Coupe!!!! Tight, agile, somewhere between a refined sports car ride and a Cadillac type ride, VERY FAST, definitely an eye catcher(car has GREAT lines), and great to cruise around in! :D

PS. I am NOT biased in the least!

So Long 01-01-2017 02:19 PM

"Best" and "Cadillac" are synonymous...

Our votes are subjective to individual tastes/needs/desires. It's difficult to choose just one for most of us. I've always been drawn in by the personal luxury models-my first car (which I still own) is a '77 Grand Prix. Big car, big motor, 2 doors. LOVE '93-02 Eldos for their clean styling and Paulie Walnuts attitude, but my vote goes for the Coupe deVille. Special nods to years '68, '72, & '81.