Member Introduction New to the forum? Stop in and introduce yourself! If you have a tech question, check out the General Technical Section

1979 Cadillac Phaeton Western Saddle Edition

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 08:53 PM
Smile 1979 Cadillac Phaeton Western Saddle Edition

I have a 1979 cadillac Phaeton Western Saddle Edition (Goodfellas Car),and I have never gotten this much attention even with my hot rods?
The car is beautiful and rides like a cloud, The ironic thing is I worked for Cadillac Motor Car Div here in Detroit and never liked this model when it was new, Now i look at her (kitty) and i say you are one beautiful machine , I will try to get pictures of her uploaded as soon as possible. I also have had many offers to sell her and it's NO NOT FOR SALE. I replaced her interior with a temporary 1977 Deville while i look around for another set of 60/40 front seats and back seat in Antique Saddle brown to complete the original look. Also if anyone can help me locate a set of electroluminescent opera lamps and the relay. mine are burned out, The paint is a one year only on this model Western Saddle Bronze Metallic that just glows at sunset. She will be 31 next month Kitty is a low production model NO#18 and i dont know how many of this particular model were made here in Detroit . If anyone can tell me i'd really appreciate it.
Thanks BOB

Old 03-02-2010, 02:28 PM

Hi Bob, I've seen this post a few times in my google searches, and finally decided to sign up here & say hi.

I'm a fellow Phaeton owner (same color as yours even). Bought mine in 2006 from California, had it shipped to TN, and have been working on it since. I've gathered information from all over the place on these cars, and can probably tell you whatever you want to know. Production numbers depend greatly on who you ask, but as far as I have narrowed it down, there was a total of 3000 1978-79 Phaeton Coupes & sedans built all together. The owners manual for mine has "2,400 Phaeton coupes" scribbled on the cover, followed by a Cadillac customer service rep's name. Of course, most of these where the Cotillion white / dark blue top color combo. There weren't any color breakdowns for the Phaetons, but this is generally accepted.

Would love to talk more about this with you, if you have any more questions, I enabled email on this site, so you should be able to contact me that way. Also, I started a Flickr group for Phaetons - link is in my signature - please feel free to come by, look through it, and post pictures of yours. I'd love to see Kitty, she sounds very nice.