General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Troubleshooting help with my '01 Catera

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 02:41 PM
Default Troubleshooting help with my '01 Catera

The TC and ABS indicator lights come on periodically which then trigger the CHECK ENGINE light followed by the speedometer & odometer to stop working. I have had someone work on it but after reading the codes the computer kicks out and checking the sources, theysay nothing appears to be wrong with the TC or ABS systems. Typically after letting the car sit for the night, when I get in and start the car, the TC and ABS lights are off but after about 15 minutes of driving they come back on. Has anyone had this problem before? Any suggestions for solving this problem would be helpful. Below are the codes that the computer kicks out.

- P0500 (Vehicle Speed Sensor A)
- P1700 (Manufacturer Controlled Transmission)
- U2108 (Secondary ABS Code ???)

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Chris

Old 05-15-2008, 08:23 AM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: Troubleshooting help with my '01 Catera

ORIGINAL: cwalcott

The TC and ABS indicator lights come on periodically which then trigger the CHECK ENGINE light followed by the speedometer & odometer to stop working. I have had someone work on it but after reading the codes the computer kicks out and checking the sources, theysay nothing appears to be wrong with the TC or ABS systems. Typically after letting the car sit for the night, when I get in and start the car, the TC and ABS lights are off but after about 15 minutes of driving they come back on. Has anyone had this problem before? Any suggestions for solving this problem would be helpful. Below are the codes that the computer kicks out.

- P0500 (Vehicle Speed Sensor A)
- P1700 (Manufacturer Controlled Transmission)
- U2108 (Secondary ABS Code ???)

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Chris
please add your car(s) model(s) to your signature ...

Intermitent?

Our cars are awful sensitive to bad connections, bad ground, and dying batteries.

Disconnect battery for 15+ minutes, while disconnected, check battery voltage, clean terminals, disconnect the ground wire and clean that. Re-connect, this is the REBOOT procedure.

Also. locate the other dozen grounds in the car and again, spray them, tighten them.

We have a "electric eghosts" thread in the FAQ section, it may be in the Allante FAQ section. Take a look at it. The next step may well be checking harness connectors - a tedious and labor intensive job.

You car is now 7+ years old? When was the last time the coolant was changed? IF longer than two years, do it yesterday.

Cadillac GM e-ghosts electric problems
https://www.cadillacforum.com/m_6068/tm.htm