General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

trac controll hair puller

Old 03-28-2011, 02:08 PM
Question trac controll hair puller

Hi I'm new here. I just recently purchased a 96 sls and am having problems with the ebtcm. diag system in car comes up with codes pc1571 current, pc 1602 current, and pz 2042 current, also diag shows no data avail for tcm. verified 12v at term 2,3,4 of ebtcm and 6ohms to ground at term 1 and 15 (spec shows max of 5ohms, unsure if this is the problem since it is close). I ordered a set of factory service manuals but they wont be here till next week and I don't have access to a tech 2 scanner. I have alldata pro access but getting info from there is like finding a needle in a hay stack. my question is where do I check from here or at this point do i have a bad ebtcm and could you help me by posting links from this site or others as to diagrams and diagnostic flow charts. You guys really seem to know your stuff so hopefully you can help me.
P.S. also fuel gauge does not work correctly, any ideas.

Old 04-02-2011, 06:49 AM

still nothing? come on guys i know someone out there knows whats goin on with my caddy. I'm on a tight time frame to get this car up and going and if I can't do so I'm just going to have to junk it and get a caravan for the old lady. shame she really likes this car but i hate trying to find the info to work on it. at least even a trained monkey could fix a caravan lol.

Old 04-12-2011, 04:12 PM
Thumbs down

finally got the service manuals and without a tech 2 they are just about worthless to diagnose a traction control issue. I was really hoping someone here could help me with this problem but no one seems to be able to help or even give me some direction on where to go from here. I really dont want to spend the 1800 bucks on the ebtcm just to find out it was something else. i'm really regretting spending the money to buy this thing, starting to wish i had bought a mopar product. i have 15 years working on cars and numerous ASE certs and this one is still driving me nuts. i cant figure out where the ebtcm ground is in the factory manual is since it is not listed by its number on the schematic anywhere in the section about ground locations. if anyone can help me i'd greatly appreciate it. if i cant figure out this problem soon i'm just gonna cut my losses and call a scrap company to come get the car. i never would have thought any car company would make the car almost undrivable when a secondary system like this goes bad.

Old 04-12-2011, 08:55 PM

go to caddy info .com youll get a answer there