Switching air to defrost! - Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners

General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Old 07-13-2005, 12:34 AM

Default Switching air to defrost!

The air cond has been switching from normal air out the vents to the defrost and then after you are sweating it goes back to normal? Its a 95 Eldorado. I have the factory manuals for a 96 (missed out on the bid for the 95)and now I understand why it cost so much for the dealer to fix something. The factory does not give them a good check source. Hope some one has a good start point to check! Before the wife takes my truck!!
Thanks
Duke
Old 07-22-2005, 01:22 PM
Administrator

Default RE: Switching air to defrost!

it sounds like one of two things. either the switch is going bad, which is the cheapest and easiest fix i would think, or it is someting in the blower box, like a bad blend door actuator.
Old 06-12-2018, 08:10 PM

Im having the same problem, someone told me they thought it was the vacuum resovoir
which i promptly putchased, and begin looking for the location of, this illusive black plastic ball with two vacuum hose connections, needless to say im still looking for it ? Can anyone help me with location of said reservoir?