General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rearview Mirror and heated seats acting up

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 01:32 PM
Default Rearview Mirror and heated seats acting up

I'm Keith, new here but have been on many other sites for vehicles I have owned. I recently purchased a 2003 Escalade ESV with 100K mi on it and have been very pleased.

This morning driving in the snow, I noticed that my rearview mirror kept on flashing like it was turning on and off constantly. Thermometer and compass kept going all dashes and coming on line, light looked dim, etc. This only happens when moving and then when I stop, it works fine.

I've also noticed that if I use both front seat heaters, they will kick off after maybe a minute and have to be turned back on.

The mirror may sound like a ground or connection problem, but not sure about the seats. Does anyone think these may be related? Truck does have the factory DVD replaced with an aftermarket that works fine, but not sure if this is relevant.

Any help on where to look wouuld be appreciated. I'm not too worried about the seats, but the mirror sure is annoying.

Thanks!