General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Draw and Power Window issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2022, 08:52 AM
Default Power Draw and Power Window issues

I bought an 03 CTS a month ago and I noticed that sometimes it was a little hesitant to start but never completely failed to. I had swapped the battery out for a new one and no change, I had the alternator and starter checked and they checked good. I disco'd the negative on the battery and did a draw test and found a 3 amp draw and when checking the fuses under the hood they were all fine until I got to the 4 rear distribution box fuses. As I pulled each of those out the amp draw dropped a little and when I pulled the last one out the draw was gone. So all that really tells me is that the draw is coming from those two fuse boxes in the back under the seats and I have no idea what to check for next to find the leak.

Second, this may be related, none of the power windows work and when I sit in the drivers seat and press the buttons for all the windows you can hear them click from each door. When I got the car there was a lot of water on the floor on both sides where the harnesses are from the fuse boxes in the back. I unwrapped the harnesses and there are no splice points or any repair jobs that have been done and the wires are in very good condition, no breaks or cuts to anything. All the fuses look and test good and now I think I'm gonna have to start shooting wires but I would like some advice before making an unnecessary mess.