General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Permanent PCM trouble codes

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 12:35 PM
Default Permanent PCM trouble codes

Five months ago i bought my dream car, a 95 Caddy Eldorado, but the passing weeks its getting more an more a nightmare. The first weeks the car sometimes has a little hesitation when i accelerate, i thought there would be a little bit humidity in the ignition system. I went to a caddy dealer in Munich, because i am from Bavaria, germany, and they cleaned the plugs of the ignition system. After this the car runs quite good but on the second the service engine soon light appears, and the display shows me the trouble code P023. Last week i changed the sparks, the wires and the ignition coil, but the P023 trouble code insists and the car has some hesitation. Now today i checked the motor oil and water and when i get out of my garage the car doesnt` shift into the 4th gear and two new trouble codes appear P029 und P086. Does anyone in the forum have an idea to solve my problem, because the german caddy dealer is not able to fix it and i already spent a lot of money for searching. Greetings from bavaria.

Old 11-28-2005, 03:11 PM
Administrator
Default RE: Permanent PCM trouble codes

i will try to locate those codes, but if you search around online, you may come across a GM webpage that will let you know what they are. as of right now, i am not certain, but i will try to find out for you.

Old 11-29-2005, 08:17 AM

Hi Patrick, thanks for remailing, I already found out whats about with the P029 trouble code. One of the solenoid valves was broken, I changed the two solenoid valves of the tranny with help of my brother already on sunday. It was an 3-hour action, but not to difficult. The P023 trouble code might be caused by the ignition modul, now I`m waiting for a new modul, which I ordered by Ecaronline. With the new solenoid valves the car runs as good as before. Thanks Franz

Old 11-29-2005, 04:57 PM

Hi!! Does your car seem to be running okay other than the trouble codes? If so, maybe the code was never cleared when they did all that work for you? You could try having them reset the codes, and then see if it comes back on. That is IF the car seems like it's running well.

Old 11-30-2005, 03:36 AM

Hi, I just solved the problem with the tranny by changing the solenoid valves, but the P023 trouble code still exists, its no history code because I cleared the codes by switching the ignition for a 30times. The car runs good with the new solenoid valves, but suddenly the car jerks and get a little hesitation, then CES light appears and the PO23 code is shown. I gonna change the ignition modul against a new one, if the code will still exist longer, I think I change the PCM too. Thanks, Franz