General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P- codes

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 10:08 PM
Exclamation P- codes

So my 2001 DeVille decides to start to act up, about 5 days after i bought it. I took it to have a diagnostics on it, and these codes came out:
P0335
P0336
P0340
P0385
P0386
P0442
P0340
P0601

now one of my friends that works at NAPA said that the gas tank cap can be the issue to P0442. I will replace that asap. Not to mention that I took out both CKPs and they had i guess oil on them, on the inside. *thinking* hmm is that supposed to be there? ok so then i cleaned it off and replaced them. as far as the evap leak, i cannot find it. hopefully it is the gas cap and nothing major. even after cleaning the CKPs the car would still studder. I honestly get nervous at a traffic light because when my car shuts off, it might take 3-5 cranks before it starts and take off. so fat I have changed the fuel filter, cleaned off the CKPs, and checked for any air leaks which i cant find and the car does the same thing. anyone else have the same issue with a solution to this problem?

thanks to all who help....
SN(SW)Sandoval
USS PORT ROYAL (CG 73)

Old 04-06-2009, 06:18 PM
Tech Certified Members

Replace crank sensors, should take care of stalling/hard star, clear codes, and post what comes back.

Old 04-06-2009, 08:13 PM

The CKP's are on their way from Houston. Auto Zone had them for $39.99 (each) and here in Hawaii, they are like $100 each. so after i replace them, i will change out the gas cap (vac leak) and hopefully solve that problem. Also, today when i turned my car on, the SES light was off....again and the light turns on and off randomly. i just dont understand what can be going on. i hope that it is the CKP's and not something more severe. After reading that other Lac owners have replaced the CKP's they continued to have the same issue. I will change them out and post up updates. thanks SlowRoll.