General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New member with pictures! help me on how can I decode the trim tag ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 02:35 PM
Thumbs up New member with pictures! help me on how can I decode the trim tag ?

Hi Guys

I have just got myself a gorgeous 1962 coupe deville and would like to share some pics with you!

If anyone knows how to decode the trim tag please let me know.

Thanks

James
Suffolk
England

Attached Thumbnails New member with pictures!  help me on how can I decode the trim tag ?-trim-tag.jpg   New member with pictures!  help me on how can I decode the trim tag ?-side.jpg   New member with pictures!  help me on how can I decode the trim tag ?-sunset.jpg   New member with pictures!  help me on how can I decode the trim tag ?-nice-back-.jpg   New member with pictures!  help me on how can I decode the trim tag ?-new-home-.jpg  

Old 09-14-2009, 01:10 PM

I know on my 1968 Shop service manual, it goes into some decoding on what each of the numbers mean, but no specific info on colors or what is special on the specific trim numbers.....I would be interested also if someone could direct "us" on where to go to find out history for these. Thanks.
RJL

Old 09-14-2009, 02:33 PM
Smile Decode your tags!

Originally Posted by othello1968coupe
I know on my 1968 Shop service manual, it goes into some decoding on what each of the numbers mean, but no specific info on colors or what is special on the specific trim numbers.....I would be interested also if someone could direct "us" on where to go to find out history for these. Thanks.
RJL

Hi
Found a website that will help you decode the tag as follows:
http://www.tpocr.com/cadillacbp2.html

Really useful and has proved my car to be the same colours as it left the factory!

Cheers

Old 09-15-2009, 10:30 AM
Tech Certified Members

really! a great looking car dude!!!
rickyd

Old 09-16-2009, 12:20 PM

Last night I went to the sight, and as stated before in a previous post....I now know and can confirm all the colors and trim are the original. Thanks a Bunch...awesome info guys...Thanks again.

Did have one question tho.... on the manufacturing plant location....what does FWD mean? The website didn't say...just for my info.

Old 09-16-2009, 06:08 PM
Tech Certified Members

Originally Posted by othello1968coupe
Last night I went to the sight, and as stated before in a previous post....I now know and can confirm all the colors and trim are the original. Thanks a Bunch...awesome info guys...Thanks again.

Did have one question tho.... on the manufacturing plant location....what does FWD mean? The website didn't say...just for my info.

Front Wheel Drive