General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

New 93 Fleet owner w/ accelerator issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 07:58 PM
Default New 93 Fleet owner w/ accelerator issues

Just bought 93 fleet from dealer (something I thought I would never do) am my happiness is wearing thin very fast. This is what's going on; 1st time- driving my new baby home and halfway after sitting at a traffic light, turns green on the traffic light, I push forward riding slow, then boom I hit 30-35mph and the accelerator wont budge. Its not getting stuck to floor, but opposite, wont touch floor (will not accelrate). I had to pull over, put in park before I put it back on road. I made it home that evening with no more problems. 2nd time- Next day, today, I drove it and it happened again, not right away but about 10-15 mins after startup. 3rd time- same day later on, it happens again, WITH TRAFFIC BEHIND ME! It gets stuck doing 30-35 and pedal wont even push down, like its flexing and pushing up. In anticipation today, I waited for it to happen so I listened, it seemed as if the tranny didnt go into 2nd gear when it happened. Didnt hear any weird or loud noises or anything and dont even know for sure if it didnt move into 2nd. Just trying to help. Could it be tranny. Other than this car runs fine. I am Im so confused and pissed off. Help anyone please and thank you.

Old 07-24-2009, 10:33 AM
Tech Certified Members

does not sound like trans problem...... how many miles on car? have you talked to dealer? i'm sure they have something to say 'bout this. after all they wouldn't want the liability of you having an accident because the delivered you a car with a faulty accelarator...... let the forum know. and welcome, have you checked in with member intro yet? might be a good idea....
rickyd