General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

low pitched groan

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 03:00 PM
Rzr

I can say its not the tires as the tires only have about 2k miles on them... all of it highway.

like i said before sound come from right front wheel, and goes away from turning right so i think your analysis slowroll hits it right on the head. gonna see if i can look at it tomorrow and will let you know.

on a side note anyone know what that gear thing is?

"When doing the brake job i noticed behind the roter and all on the drive shaft by the hub there was a gog shapped ring around the shaft... i have no idea what it is used for (my best guess would be a speed sensor or something to that nature) but i noticed that there was a ware ring on the cog in the center from what i assumed was a bolt of some sort that came out of the hub assembly (i believe.... cant quite remember) i looked at this bolt looking dodad and could not figure what it was or anything or if it had to do with the groan."

Old 11-19-2009, 03:29 PM
Rzr

so update, took the wheel assembly apart the other day and it was a bad bearing on the front left axle... problem solved now... thanks all.