General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lights.. all the lights! help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 01:21 PM
Default Lights.. all the lights! help!

I have a '99 Catera and as of recently the TC and ABS lights have been coming on, not only that, the spedometer fails and stays at 0. I'm not sure what's going on and would love to hear some ideas. Thanks!

Old 09-02-2012, 10:39 PM

check for broken wires in trunk,where the lid connects to the frame you'll see two arms holding the trunk lid,the left one has wires bundled in it,youll have to pull back some of the trunk carpet material on left wall, follow the wires from the arm into the trunk wall,use a flashlight,because of restricted lighting I didn't see it the first time,I had 2 broken in half wires black,which is ground, and is for multiple components in lighting,abs traction control amongst others, if you find broken wires,check the others for pinched or stretched wires,if pinched or stretched or broken unhook battery ground(black) terminal, then splice broken,pinched,stretched wires back together accordingly, fasten splices with wire nuts and electrical tape,check for smooth closing of your trunk,and make sure trunk arm doesn't act as a scissor and recut the wires, hopefully this will help you, it took care of my 04 dts tc and abs issues,as well as my back outside lights(reverse and brake led) not working,and my auto dimming mirror issues.

Old 09-03-2012, 08:54 PM

fasten splices with wire nuts and electrical tape,check for smooth closing of your trunk,and make sure trunk arm doesn't act as a scissor and recut the wires, hopefully this will help you, it took care of my 04 dts tc and abs issues,as well as my back outside lights(reverse and brake led) not working,and my auto dimming mirror issues.

-----------------------------
Light Brilliance of DVDs --- Boardwalk Empire Season 2 DVD,Live in the moment, live with it!