General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Left moon roof open :(

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 10:52 AM
Default Left moon roof open :(

I did a search, but couldn't find anything that fit. I left my moon roof of my 2008 CTS4 open last week when I stopped at Best Buy. I come out an hour later and it was pouring rain. The A/C, stereo and Nav buttons stopped working. So I check the manual and it says if it senses a short it will cut off untill the short is no longer there. I checked all the fuses that I thought might have something to do with it, but theyre all good. The touch screen and stereo worked untill I pulled the display fuse.... now its stuck in the off position. Is there a fuse that goes strictly to the function of these buttons or am I looking at taking it in and having them rip open my dash? Needless to say Ill be checking the weather from now on if i leave it open for any stop lol. Thanks in advance.

Old 03-29-2012, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by 12gone
I did a search, but couldn't find anything that fit. I left my moon roof of my 2008 CTS4 open last week when I stopped at Best Buy. I come out an hour later and it was pouring rain. The A/C, stereo and Nav buttons stopped working. So I check the manual and it says if it senses a short it will cut off untill the short is no longer there. I checked all the fuses that I thought might have something to do with it, but theyre all good. The touch screen and stereo worked untill I pulled the display fuse.... now its stuck in the off position. Is there a fuse that goes strictly to the function of these buttons or am I looking at taking it in and having them rip open my dash? Needless to say Ill be checking the weather from now on if i leave it open for any stop lol. Thanks in advance.
I have read your post about your situation with your CTS. I can understand trying to take care of this on your own; however, you may want to consult the Cadillac dealership's service department that you frequent for further assistance.

If you need assistance with locating a dealership please, provide me with your zip code and the amount of miles that you are willing to travel and I will be happy to assist you.

Michelle, Cadillac Customer Service

Old 03-30-2012, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Cadillac Customer Service
I have read your post about your situation with your CTS. I can understand trying to take care of this on your own; however, you may want to consult the Cadillac dealership's service department that you frequent for further assistance.

If you need assistance with locating a dealership please, provide me with your zip code and the amount of miles that you are willing to travel and I will be happy to assist you.

WTF with the Cadillac sales pitch people? I have been a Ford owner since 16 and the 94 SLS I just picked up was the first GM product I have ever owned.

Do you know what the Cadillac dealer did when I walked in to ask for the location of the off campus Cadillac parts department?

Told me they did not have an address for it but it would be down the road "A few miles" from that moment on I have ordered all my GM parts for this car online I say to hell with the Cadillac dealer and service department. At least Ford gives me the respect of an address when I ask for one.

Forward that one on Michelle at Cadillac Customer Service...

Old 04-02-2012, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by NewToGM
WTF with the Cadillac sales pitch people? I have been a Ford owner since 16 and the 94 SLS I just picked up was the first GM product I have ever owned.

Do you know what the Cadillac dealer did when I walked in to ask for the location of the off campus Cadillac parts department?

Told me they did not have an address for it but it would be down the road "A few miles" from that moment on I have ordered all my GM parts for this car online I say to hell with the Cadillac dealer and service department. At least Ford gives me the respect of an address when I ask for one.

Forward that one on Michelle at Cadillac Customer Service...
I apologize my response has upset you. I had not intentions of offending you in any way.

I would also like to apologize for the negative experience that you encountered at the dealership. If you would like me to file a complaint on your behalf please, let me know.

Old 04-02-2012, 04:19 PM

I don't think this is the forum for me. Had I posted this same problem on the LS1, or Fbody forums, I would have gotten a useful response and been done the day of or the day after. But instead Ive gotten 3 useless responses, all coming from one mildly insulting response. Hopefully I can find a better forum, or maybe a different area of this one. Seriously, I've gotten better info from the J-body forums when I was in HS.

Old 04-04-2012, 01:52 PM

you may have to consult the Cadillac dealership's service department that you frequent for further assistance.