General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Just Brought a car, Issues, 2000 DTS

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 08:53 AM
Default Just Brought a car, Issues, 2000 DTS

Ijust recently purchased a 2000 DTS, 123,130K, few issues with the car 1. the radio and cd works but no display? any suggestions, 2. the service airbag is on? any suggestions (it seems that the rear drivers side is a little higher to me) 3. The temp guage stays in the middle but from time to time it moves over just a tad bit, then it goes back to the middle? any suggestions, and last the passenger window goes down, but when i press it to go up, all you here is the motor, it wont go up? any suggestions. Thank you all for whatever knowledge you can provide, much appreciated.

Old 08-31-2007, 11:01 AM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: Just Brought a car, Issues, 2000 DTS

royalet, check to see if your heater/ac unit has lights....sometimes ya have your dash lights so low that in the day light you can not see the radio..heat/ac back lights. if you dont chances are the back light in the radio is shot..... do you have a radio repair shop by you? we have one where i live and its usually a easy fix. most times........ you'll probly want to take the unit out yourself, so as not to be charged for that.
air bag light.....someone else will help
drivers side rear higher.... how 'bout pass side rear strut bad....??????
temp guage......sounds ok as long as thats all that it does...... you my want to check coolant to be safe.
window problem...........................your screwed........lol its off track .................needs fixed
good luck
im sure one of the techs will get to you soon with some more answers
rickyd

Old 08-31-2007, 11:10 AM

Thanks, yeah i will take the radio out, yeah the passenger rear side seems a little higher, i wasnt sure since i was told that it has air suspension, and on my dash what does LOW RANGE mean? too many gadgets i tell you

Old 08-31-2007, 07:36 PM

Radio sounds like it needs to be replaced or repaired
The temps guage. hard to say, may be normal, may have a coolant leak letting air in the system, get it pressure tested
the airbag light, could be anything, have the codes checked to see
the window, the regulator is broken needs a new window regulator.

Old 08-31-2007, 07:43 PM
Tech Certified Members

LOW RANGE.....means........YOUR ABOUT TO RUN OUT OF GAS..........thank god for gadgets.....lol
rickyd